PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Adam Schefter gone off the deep end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think so.

Quarterback Andrew Walter was informed the New England Patriots are releasing him, an NFL source said Friday.

This means that rookie quarterback Brian Hoyer has, for now, won the competition to be Tom Brady's backup.

Hoyer was impressive in the Patriots' regular-season finale against the Giants, and the Patriots are not expected to trade for or sign another veteran QB.

So if, God forbid, the worst happens, we have Hoyer and Edelman to play QB?

owl-orly.jpg

I myself think that the Pats stand Pat and pass on Feeley and go with just Brady and Hoyer and hope for the best - Feeley probably wouldn't be released until Vick gets back in 2 weeks anyways.

If Brady gets hurt you may finally see NE in DEEP trouble unless Hoyer can play opponents 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The Colts have Sorgi and nothing, they never keep 3 QB. I'd prefer to keep two QB and deal with the unthinkable if it happens.

Not sure where his info could possibly be from, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went with just Hoyer. I don't see a QB being able to come in here, miss all of training camp, and pick up the system in time to be useful this season.

Wonder what Flutie's up to...

Not sure where his info could possibly be from, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went with just Hoyer. I don't see a QB being able to come in here, miss all of training camp, and pick up the system in time to be useful this season.

Wonder what Flutie's up to...

Geico commericals

And this is different from last year how?

We always have VT just a phone call away you know ....

Chris just reported via Twitter that Bill says it's possible, but not certain, that they could add another QB before the season starts.

Yikes. Maybe they'll play their luck until Feeley gets cut.

Chris just reported via Twitter that Bill says it's possible, but not certain, that they could add another QB before the season starts.

Yikes. Maybe they'll play their luck until Feeley gets cut.

Um, so basically Bill didn't say anything about it. Now that's a shocker(Not the Witchita State variety).

It's possible he has a QB on his radar that none of us may ever consider or have ever heard of. After all Vollmer never went to the combine, and nobody knew about him until he was picked.

Last edited:
Camp opens: Brady, KOC, Gutes, some kid Hoyer who probably won't last.

Gutes gets cut. Walter signed.

KOC gets cut.

Walter gets cut.

Now it's Brady, and a wet-behind-the-ears Hoyer who probably shrieks and pees a little every time Brady addresses him, LOL.

I wonder if Brady calls Peyton on his cellphone, and says, "Hey, man, what's up? I don't really have a reason to call, I was bored and just felt like talking to another quarterback..."

And this is different from last year how?

The Patriots had Brady, Cassel, and O'Connell. And when Brady went down, they immediately signed Gutierrez.. So they still had Cassel, O'Connell and Gutierrez..

At least Cassel was a 4 year vet and Gutz was in his second year.

Bit of a difference than having just 2 QBs

The Feely trade could happen but I think we may stand pat for week 1 and then sign Huard. That way his contract wouldn't be guaranteed. Huard might be a better fit than Feely. He's familiar with our system and I believe he had a good relationship with Brady and of course, Belichick.

How about "going" with 2 QBs until you have a chance to see who's cut, thus protecting a favorite PS candidate for an extra day or two? The only QB plausibly worth trading for is Feeley, and if there really are multiple suitors it's unlikely.

Hmm... I doubt they go with Hoyer as their #2 going into the season. Probably just waiting to see who gets cut, and holding onto some fringe candidates in the mean time. Much easier to sneak a guy over to the PS in a few days than it will be tomorrow.

The Feely trade could happen but I think we may stand pat for week 1 and then sign Huard. That way his contract wouldn't be guaranteed. Huard might be a better fit than Feely. He's familiar with our system and I believe he had a good relationship with Brady and of course, Belichick.

I think last night's performance by Hoyer probably makes BB feel less inclined to go after Feeley, who would require a draft pick. Not sure Huard's a better fit than Feeley, but he's certainly cheaper in both trading cost (none) and salary. But I doubt Belichick wastes the roster spot when he could easily pick up any street QB--Huard, Walter, Testaverde, Bledsoe, maybe Montana will be interested, LOL.

Thank you for beating me to it. :)

That is the only reason I can think of for not having a third QB to open the season.

I would hope the Bengals would be dumb enough to let O'Sullivan go in a trade for Ben Watson and keep the Brothers Palmer on board as 1 and 2 in Cincy - But doubt that will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes