Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
B. Roethlisberger 9 21 123 42.9 5.9 1 8 0 2
plus 25yds on 7 carries

If the Seahawks hadn't gone into complete vapor lock on that ridiculous scramble/rollout bomb to Ward on the 2yd line - the ball should have been interecepted, or knocked down at the very least -
Big Boob would have been 8 for 21 for about 84 yds!!!!!!!!

Add on that he threw possibly the worst interception in SB history and you have one awful performance by a winning QB.

I'm going to puke if I see one single - "Ben manages team to win" article anywhere! Look at those hideous numbers....

The guy had the 'lost in the jungle at night' look in his eyes the whole game, pathetic.

Last edited:
He was awful, absolutely terrible. Even before that goaline INT he was terrible. Many of his completions were on good catches. They won despite him, that's for sure.

well

I haven't seen one of those articles yet, but i have heard it. Last night while i had ESPN on (but only for a moment cuase i couldn't take the bettis and steelers ball washing!) They talked about how he was younger than TB to win a superbowl and now he's just like TB, ect.... Funny I remember TB playing great and leading his team down the field to win the game ( a fairly ref'd game too) and getting the MVP.

The ball washing will continue :bricks:

Well, the 'Ben managed to win' article finally surfaced, right in our own Boston Globe written by guess who? That's right, Pats hater Ron Borges, himself. Our gifted scribe digs into the hidden gems of Big Boob's winning effort to show the ignorant how Ben did make enough plays to win. I guess mining the depth and breath of negatives of Boob's effort would have taken up too much space. Besides, we're lucky enough to have Borges around to show us the insight on how the game of football is really won.

I would have thought the label - luckiest QB ever in a SB - would have fit Big Boob better than 'the QB who did just enough to win,' but what do I know?

Also- I am a John Madden fan for the most part, but how could he say that Boob was the calmest QB he had ever seen in a SB? And I believe this comment came from Madden in the second quarter! Yikes, the guy was lost from the get go. A monumental misread by Madden on par with his telling Brady to play for OT...

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
Pittsburgh Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
B. Roethlisberger 9 21 123 42.9 5.9 1 8 0 2
plus 25yds on 7 carries

If the Seahawks hadn't gone into complete vapor lock on that ridiculous scramble/rollout bomb to Ward on the 2yd line - the ball should have been interecepted, or knocked down at the very least -
Big Boob would have been 8 for 21 for about 84 yds!!!!!!!!

Add on that he threw possibly the worst interception in SB history and you have one awful performance by a winning QB.

I'm going to puke if I see one single - "Ben manages team to win" article anywhere! Look at those hideous numbers....

The guy had the 'lost in the jungle at night' look in his eyes the whole game, pathetic.

To answer the topic question, all the QBs in SB V were terrible (yes, you have to go back that far), maybe except for Johnny U, who came out because of an injury. The MVP of the game was Chuck Howley, mostly because he made 2 ints vs. Earl Morrall. I keep coming back to SB V as the other worst game in SB history, but, at least it was close all the way and was won on a last few seconds field goal.

The answer to the thread question is "Yes." But here's the upside. He was soooooooooo bad that we won't have to spend next season listening to people compare him to Montana and Brady. Look on the bright side!

First off applogies for not remembering specifics but I heard yesterday on EEI, where they looked up lowest QB stats in the SB and there were I think two QB's with lower rating but they both lost the SB. Ben has the dubious honor of having the lowest QB rating for a winning QB!
On a second note, if I hear one more time about Ben,s tackle in the Colts game, forever to be known as "THE TACKLE" by the media hounds, I think I'll scream! If they just pull that camera shot out the littlest bit you can clearly see that Pits #86 was about to level 'ol Knife in the Thigh! But hey, that would ruin the drama these guys seem hell bent to create!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back