PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hartwell released

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
heard speculation to this but I just saw it on the bottom line so it seems official now.

i'ld be willing to take him but it would have to be cheap as he has ???

heard speculation to this but I just saw it on the bottom line so it seems official now.

i'ld be willing to take him but it would have to be cheap as he has ???

hes had injuries over last 2 years..im approach with major caution

I'd sign him to a deal similar to what Javon Walker got from Denver. Essentially a 1 year "let's take a shot" deal with an option to back out or extend after one year.

Before being taken down by injuries the last two seasons, Hartwell was one of my favorite non-Pats players. A square 'em up and knock 'em down, tough dude LB, Hartwell would have been the perfect twin with Bruschi. But who knows whether Hartwell will be able to shake the injury bug? I agree he's worth an incentive style contract if he can still run.

Before being taken down by injuries the last two seasons, Hartwell was one of my favorite non-Pats players. A square 'em up and knock 'em down, tough dude LB, Hartwell would have been the perfect twin with Bruschi. But who knows whether Hartwell will be able to shake the injury bug? I agree he's worth an incentive style contract if he can still run.

Completely agree.

I wanted the patsies to draft either Hartwell or WR Justin McCareins with their 2nd 4th-round pick in the 2001 draft.

He is absolutely worth bringing to Foxborough for a thorough physical.

Cousins,
Hartwell is only 28 years old. He's a MLB and was certainly a stud in Balt. In six years he has had 400 tackles and seven sacks and three of those years (last two because of injuries) he did not play that much.

Hear is the plan I would like to see. Sign Hartwell and let him come back slowly and split time with Seau (another year). Draft Willis and throw him into the rotation with Teddy and Eddie and Junior. We just got a lot younger and experienced at the same time.

Now get Thomas for the ouside rotation and let TBC go and we are really better than ever. No more 21 point comebacks.

O.K. Cousins, do we sign Hartwell or Kyle Brady if we are spending FA money?

DW Toys

If I remember correctly the Pats had interest in him before he signed with Atlanta back in 2005. Maybe the interest would still be there now that his price is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots