Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hart 7/27 AM notes

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=32847&pcid=44&special_section=tc2008

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 17 / -4

#12 Jersey

Supposing that Guyton keeps lighting it up in TC, what's his future? Maybe BB thinks he can sneak him through waivers? If not, who gets cut? This might be bad news for Ruud and Redd, who were probably longshots to make it in the first place.

Vrabel, Bruschi, Thomas, Mayo, Hobson, Woods, Crable, Alexander. That's even without counting Izzo, and I don't readily foresee any of those guys getting the axe. Maybe Alexander or Woods, I guess, but that seems highly unlikely.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  3. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

lol, did anyone else catch this in the Practice Notes section at the bottom?
    "Three geese flew over the practice fields early on in the morning workout. …"

4. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I had to practically drive off the road in patriot place heading to both practices today (from the south) because of those damn geese. Are they the dumbest birds...most of them avoid cars but not those birds.

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,380 / 25 / -7

Both Bruschi and Pioli talked up Guyton on Sirius NFL Radio today. I think that is a good sign that he has a chance of making the team. Granted how many times have we seen a player shine in TC and the preseason only to get cut.

6. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I dont know why but I like hearing Bruschi say it more than Pioli.

7. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +343 / 32 / -16

Wesley Britt has played 1st string ROT since the team came to camp. Today he didn't; he played first string LOT when Light had a day off. Nick Kaczur played 2nd string LOT, and O'C got reps with the first stringers at ROT.

I predicted that Britt would step up this year. I felt he was being held back because he is the only lineman who has a prayer of playing in place of Light at LOT, in an emergency. I felt that he was literally Too Good as a LOT reserve; to compete for a starting job at ROT. Today at LOT, Britt nailed Crabel on a pass rush that many noticed. Another superior performance, that's six in a row.

But the new/old timers could probably scratch by on wiles, there. If I remember correctly, Clement was a LOT for his first half dozen seasons, with the Cards. He did fine as a pass protect tackle, but never could move anybody off the line in the run game. And he played ROT for the Jets and still couldn't.

I also selected Gary Guyton as my pick for unexpected camp "find". BB always seems to find some UDFA, who tursnout to be a Player, and I thought Guyton was this years likely "find". He had another fine outing. He has been mentioned in every practice for turning in a spectacular play. This time a pick in the endzone and a blitz. I have never seen him play but his Combine was startling; and I knew he was condemned to sit behind a Philip Wheeler who was drafted by the Clots in Round three.

Wheeler was a guy I hoped to see the Pats pick with a three or four pick. Kevin O'Connel got picked instead. His size says he is a ILB, and he must have played out of position as a sometimes OLB, as well as reserve MLB at Georgia Tech. I recall the BB dictum DE--> 3-4 OLBs; OLB--> 3-4 ILBs. Perfect credentials.

So far I have picked Wesley Britt, Wilie Andrews, Pierre Woods and got on Randy Gay pretty early. These guys all seem to have a story; being stuck behind a great player, coach's doghouse, late Sr season injury, etc. Maybe they are just better players that were pushed down & out of the draft stack.

Anyway both guys seem to be producing. The Team woud be strengthened in those positions if they came through,and theopening s makeit possible for them to advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.