PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison says Tyree was Asante Samuel’s man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that whole game. Gave up a TD (again blown coverage), whiffed on a game ending pick, blew the coverage on Tyree and then basically stood and watched Rodney grappling with him...

And yet the kneejerks (yes we had them back then, too) all wanted to blame the RCB who did his job all game long until he was hung out to dry or the QB who was beat to **** but still managed to stake them to a lead with 2 minutes left to defend a 90 yard field...

I've watched that play several times. I'm still not sure what most of you saw when you said Hobbs was expecting safety help over the top. He looked and played like he was 1 on 1 with Plax the entire way. This year, Burress even thanked Belichick for leaving Hobbs in single coverage in that Super Bowl. Hobbs wasn't nearly as bad as people here made him out to be. A very competent RCB, actually. But he got absolutely toasted on that play.

Guys didnt they already talk about this on NBC when we played the giants this season?

I've watched that play several times. I'm still not sure what most of you saw when you said Hobbs was expecting safety help over the top. He looked and played like he was 1 on 1 with Plax the entire way. This year, Burress even thanked Belichick for leaving Hobbs in single coverage in that Super Bowl. Hobbs wasn't nearly as bad as people here made him out to be. A very competent RCB, actually. But he got absolutely toasted on that play.

You're a better man than I am-no way I can watch that play over and over. Once was enough. I agree Hobbs wasn't as bad as people said, but he'll be forever remembered for that one play.

If anyone needs any further evidence of how Harrison has forgotten the Patriot Way, they should take note of this. As Mo points out, this is not a great revelation of fact about Samuel's screwup on that play, but it sure tells you a lot about Harrison's character, or to be more precise, his lack of character. Blowing the biggest play of his career is pretty haunting, I guess. Keep that in mind on Sunday when he goes "all in" for the Giants.

1) What a dark world you must live in where the man can not pick a team that he thinks would win because of "The Patriot's way."

2) Samuel is not a teammate of his. Dan Patrick is. His team is NBC now. Welcome to 2009.

You're a better man than I am-no way I can watch that play over and over. Once was enough. I agree Hobbs wasn't as bad as people said, but he'll be forever remembered for that one play.

He was already a pretty consistent whipping boy way before that play.

I still don't understand why they blitzed and left him manned up like that, it just seemed to easy for them.

I've never rewatched it, and I probably won't; but I remember Hobbs throwing his arms up after the play like "what the hell was I supposed to do?"

Calm. Be calm.

Only four days, 20 hours and 55 minutes until kickoff...four days, 20 hours and 55 minutes of rehashing something I've spent nearly four years trying to pretend never happened in the first place.

Calm. Deep breaths.

You know it's your own damn fault for even opening the thread.

Calm. Deep breaths.

No more reading the New York Newspapers.

Calm. Deep breaths

Don't even turn the TV on until five minutes before kickoff.

Calm. Be calm.

There. That's better....

Calm. Be calm.

Only four days, 20 hours and 55 minutes until kickoff...four days, 20 hours and 55 minutes of rehashing something I've spent nearly four years trying to pretend never happened in the first place.

Calm. Deep breaths.

You know it's your own damn fault for even opening the thread.

Calm. Deep breaths.

No more reading the New York Newspapers.

Calm. Deep breaths

Don't even turn the TV on until five minutes before kickoff.

Calm. Be calm.

There. That's better....

I think I will take your advice myself, b/c this week is already wearing me down too much.

The problem is that it's so damn hard to stay away, I feel like I'm going to miss some kind of breaking news or something..I dunno, I can't explain it. My curiosity is getting the best of me, and winning over simple logic.

my patriotic cat............

night+stand+and+homer+eating+grass+011.JPG

stalking the giant blue pigeon...

images

leftovers Sunday night....

8094014-pigeon-feathers-isolated-on-black-background.jpg

I think I will take your advice myself, b/c this week is already wearing me down too much.

The problem is that it's so damn hard to stay away, I feel like I'm going to miss some kind of breaking news or something..I dunno, I can't explain it. My curiosity is getting the best of me, and winning over simple logic.

Yeah. Definitely gotta pace ourselves. It is possible to drive oneself nuts this week, I think.

I still don't understand why they blitzed and left him manned up like that, it just seemed to easy for them.

I've never understood that playcall. What's the point of blitzing? It's not like the receivers were going long and the QB would have to wait before he could throw. I was screaming at the TV as the play happened.

QB takes the snap and throws a timing pattern to the corner of the endzone to a tall receiver. It's a standard play that every team with tall receivers runs a lot. So you have to think the NYG are pretty likely to try it. And in that play the QB takes the snap and practically immediately lets it fly. No hope for a blitz to get there on a play like that. And by setting up a defense that leaves a smurf like Ellis Hobbs III against a tall receiver you're begging the offense to do it. I don't blame Hobbs at all. He had no chance. I blame the coaches.

I wouldn't be upset if coverage is blown on a broken play where Eli had over 5 seconds to throw the ball. I'm more upset with how Samuel played the rest of the game

If anyone needs any further evidence of how Harrison has forgotten the Patriot Way, they should take note of this. As Mo points out, this is not a great revelation of fact about Samuel's screwup on that play, but it sure tells you a lot about Harrison's character, or to be more precise, his lack of character. Blowing the biggest play of his career is pretty haunting, I guess. Keep that in mind on Sunday when he goes "all in" for the Giants.

You are a joke.

Harrison still epitomizes the Patriot way and always will.

If you can't tell the truth about a play of who had what responsibility 4 years later without any animosity or 'he did it, he did it' kind of irresponsibilty then what is he supposed to do..... just sit there and say nothing.

DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE TAPE???
He said first that he tried to get there and knock it loose and he is 240whatever and it was just a freak catch. He accepted responsibilty for what was his part of it and said how bad he felt - that he let his teammates down.

Rodney is STILL the man. He is most honest and outspoken commentator out there.

He can say that now. But it doesn't change what happened then... just as long as it doesn't happen this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes