PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison says Tyree was Asante Samuel’s man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah........ That whole series wasn't Asante's best moments in football. :rolleyes:

Most of us already knew (although there were some Asantefiles in denial) this having figured it all out before Asante landed in Honolulu on his which one of you suckas gonna pay me tour...

Yeah........ That whole series wasn't Asante's best moments in football. :rolleyes:

Make that whole game. Gave up a TD (again blown coverage), whiffed on a game ending pick, blew the coverage on Tyree and then basically stood and watched Rodney grappling with him...

And yet the kneejerks (yes we had them back then, too) all wanted to blame the RCB who did his job all game long until he was hung out to dry or the QB who was beat to **** but still managed to stake them to a lead with 2 minutes left to defend a 90 yard field...

Last edited:
Let's go get him!

angry%20mob.bmp

Last edited:
Maybe Tyree was Asante's man, but I'd love to know why Rodney DIDN'T TRY TO HIT/PUNCH THE BALL OUT??

Maybe Tyree was Asante's man, but I'd love to know why Rodney DIDN'T TRY TO HIT/PUNCH THE BALL OUT??

They always show that play in slow motion, but in real time, it was just a split-second jump and catch. How he held onto that ball is the real mystery.

And why didn't Harrison get to Manning on the blitz that caused the game winning TD catch ? And why didn't Jarvis Green sack Manning before he can throw the miracle pass to Tyree. And why didn't the refs call holding on the Giants O-Line on the same play ?

Who gives a crap, it's over, let's forget 2008 and move on. Who cares who ****ed up, it was the whole crappy defense that let them drive downfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone needs any further evidence of how Harrison has forgotten the Patriot Way, they should take note of this. As Mo points out, this is not a great revelation of fact about Samuel's screwup on that play, but it sure tells you a lot about Harrison's character, or to be more precise, his lack of character. Blowing the biggest play of his career is pretty haunting, I guess. Keep that in mind on Sunday when he goes "all in" for the Giants.

If anyone needs any further evidence of how Harrison has forgotten the Patriot Way, they should take note of this. As Mo points out, this is not a great revelation of fact about Samuel's screwup on that play, but it sure tells you a lot about Harrison's character, or to be more precise, his lack of character. Blowing the biggest play of his career is pretty haunting, I guess. Keep that in mind on Sunday when he goes "all in" for the Giants.

Oh come on now....

Haven't we known this for years?

The Patriots needed 1 big play on that drive. There were plenty of guys - Samuel, Harrison, Meriweather, Green, Seymour, Thomas, Vrabel, etc - who had a chance or 2 or 3 to make it and none of them did.

He may have been Samuel's man, but Harrison was in position to stop the pass/catch and didn't. He needs to swallow his pride and admit he sucked along with Samuel and I believe that was Hobbs on the Burress TD, in the final drive.

This thread has bad karma attached to it, can we kill it? Please?

:bricks:

When I see that play, I'm actually amazed at how near-perfect Harrison played it. His timing, the hit, everything.

It was just a freak catch.

Well that makes it all ok

Doesn't matter that I couldn't knock one ball away guys, I wasn't supposed to be guarding him.

If we only had Sterling Moore there instead of that "bum" Harrison. I know.

Sigh....:confused:

I see the nonsensical responses are as would be expected. That's kind of sad, though, given the circumstances and history.

I see the nonsensical responses are as would be expected. That's kind of sad, though, given the circumstances and history.

Fact is they almost had Manning sacked there but stuff happens. Can we discuss the 2012 SB instead?

That's a crock and just shows how little understanding you have of this game. Rodney has avoided tossing his teamates under the bus other than as a team for the last 4 years even as fellow mediot beat the dead horse. He isn't a player anymore, he's an analyst and as such he's well within his rights to analyze what happened. He explained what the coverage was and how the play unfolded. He did his job, and then did his best to cover for a guy who didn't. Jarvis Green had Eli in his grasp, and he failed to bring him down. He's owned and lived with that. Rodney was exactly where he was supposed to be in cover 4 man and he's lived with being scapcoated by idiots for 4 years. Asante opted to gamble and release his man assuming Eli would either be sacked or attempt to throw the ball away. He's never owned any of his shortcomings, never did throughout his career, still doesn't to this day. Rodney turned around and saw ONE wide open receiver in the middle of the field as Eli escaped the sack. Asante's man. He did the best he could to get to that abandoned man and it took a freak effort on Tyree's part to hang onto that ball. As Asante stood and watched from about 15 yards away. He didn't lose a wink of sleep since he was flying out to the Pro Bowl in the AM to sell himself to the highest bidder. Asante never got the Patriot Way.

Last edited:
Great...now we're turning on one another. So...no NYG fans around to argue with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes