PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison IR official, Spann promoted [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Harrison IR official, Spann promoted

Not a surprise, IMO. I was told by someone who covers the team that most of the players that were placed on the practice squad could have made the team if the roster limit was bigger. Three of those players are now active.
That's his opinion of course but I thought what he said was interesting at the time.

Ah ha, so we know this person is a "he". What color hair? :)

Re: BB PC on live right now. (Spann activated, Rodney to IR, more...)

BB is obviously very high on Guyton. Wonder if he sees Mayo and Guyton as the long term ILB pairing. Be about the 2 fastest ILB's the league

No doubt in my mind he does. Don't misunderestimate how potent the LB corp will be. And, for the love of God, don't misremember what I'm telling you here. :)

I gotta admit, Guyton's INT on Monday was unreal. His reflexes & hands on that play were exceptional. Let's hope he can build on that and continue to improve; but we also need to see what Crable (esp. with Jarvis out) & Wheatley can do.

Why do you need to see what Crable can do? Why does anyone want to sit Woods for Crable?

Re: Harrison IR official, Spann promoted

I agree. As of now, we have no backup SS. We have nobody with the size & speed to cover TEs & RBs, and to help in run support. We are in the same predicament in which we found ourselves during the 2006 POs. The FO needs to at least give Lynch a call, to see if his physical abilities/limitations are salvagable. If they aren't, then the FO needs to at least inquire into the whereabouts of Greg Wesley & Stuart Schweigert.
OMGBWTFBBQ :rofl: This Lynch Little Red Wagon is getting high-larry-us! :rofl:

Denver - AP - Mike Shanahan's glowing red eyes began whirling when the subject of re-signing John Lynch to bring veteran leadership to his Swish Cheesiest Smile Hi Defense. "I'd sign Al Davis' walker before I'd sign Lynch," growled a glowering Shanahan. "The walker can at least cover Antonio Gates in a pinch. Next question."
When reached for comment, John Lynch spoke positively about his hopes to get a better cell phone deal then the $800.00 per minute charge on his Qwest retired spokesperson program. "The new phone fits here in the arm of my wheel chair," mused Lynch, "I could call helmet-to-helmet through Dre Bly's bluetooth walker and set the coverage plan more quickly then I could on the old denture phones. It's great for ordering a clean bed pan at the home too."
NFL sources indicate Tom Jackson is closer to coming back to the Broncos defense then John Lynch. "Watching tape of Jackson on TV, you can clearly see he still has a strong backpedal, something Lynch lost over Oklahoma on his flight from Tampa," said one experienced scout. "No, the only hope for Lynch is Daniel Snyder, and he's currently in therapy after the Archuleta experiment," said a veteran NFC GM.
New England fans who observed Lynch in preseason play had varying opinions. "He's teh suck," said one veteran Rhode Island couch potato. "Teh Lynch, only he can save us from teh dreaded Cassel," cried an animal rights activist protesting Bill Belichick's habit of eating live kittens before home games outside Gillette Stadium.
At his palacial nursing home, John Lynch practices wheeling and rolling after therapy balls, waiting for the opportunity to return for one more chance at gridiron glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back