PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison has strained MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother ****er. This totally sucks. Our defense just isnt the same without Rodney, our secondary, isnt nearly the same.

God damn the guy who blocked Rodney. And lets not start planning about the divisional round and superbowl. It makes you seem like the Jets game is a push over. And if we lose that, just imagine the pain. I just hope our secondary doesnt play like that time against the Lions. My god that was horrible.

I know this is upsetting, but could you please watch the foul language. We have kids in this forum that don't want or need to be exposed to stong language.

yeah, i dont really get the level things
but i actually strained my mcl yrs and yrs ago (not that im old), playin football and was out for two weeks

so while hes def out this week, i think its safe to bet that he has a chance of comin back sometime this postseason (as long as we keep winnin-knock on wood)

yeah, i dont really get the level things
but i actually strained my mcl yrs and yrs ago (not that im old), playin football and was out for two weeks

so while hes def out this week, i think its safe to bet that he has a chance of comin back sometime this postseason (as long as we keep winnin-knock on wood)

SPRAINED MCL not strain :p

Reiss:

HARRISON'S INJURY: The right knee injury sustained by safety Rodney Harrison in Sunday's game is to his medial collateral ligament, according to league sources. The severity, and how long Harrison might miss, is not known. The Patriots and Jets will submit their first injury reports of the week on Wednesday, around 4 p.m. EST.

* So Thomase was right about the injury itself, d%#*!@t. Is he right about time missed,too? Hopefully it's just for this game.
How did this leak out anyway? It's possible the leak was purposeful,but I see more advantages to not having that happen.
Either way,this bites.

Yeah, once I saw Reiss posted it too, it must be true. Damn.

He'll be back for the second playoff game. Book it.

Well, bummer. Poor Rodney, can't catch a break. Bad wording considering the shoulder, but still.

At least the backups have gotten plenty of PT through the season so they won't be unprepared.

hmm if the Pats were going to hand out bad info to throw off another team, I wonder which paper they would do it to. ;)

Reiss:

HARRISON'S INJURY: The right knee injury sustained by safety Rodney Harrison in Sunday's game is to his medial collateral ligament, according to league sources. The severity, and how long Harrison might miss, is not known. The Patriots and Jets will submit their first injury reports of the week on Wednesday, around 4 p.m. EST.

* So Thomase was right about the injury itself, d%#*!@t. Is he right about time missed,too? Hopefully it's just for this game.
How did this leak out anyway? It's possible the leak was purposeful,but I see more advantages to not having that happen.
Either way,this bites.

No. Read it again. "ACCORDING TO LEAGUE SOURCES." Reiss is the only source to trust on this. Tomase and Adam Schefter don't know what is going on just yet.

Yeah, once I saw Reiss posted it too, it must be true. Damn.

Except Reiss didn't report it. All Reiss did was report that others are reporting Harrison with an MCL injury. He did not confirm or deny anything.

My experience of MCL is that you can do a lot on it until the swelling starts -- I skied to the end of the descent -- but you need to get an ice pack on the knee a.s.a.p. The diagnosis is best done by an experienced sports physio when the swelling goes down -- they can actually feel the ligament; they also tell by twisting the knee and seeing at what point the pain kicks in. My diagnosis took about 2 minutes.

You don't use your MCL for everything, so you can do quite a lot even when it's damaged. My memory is that walking is OK, but running is a problem (and, oddly, turning over in bed!) I skiied (in a brace) a month after doing a level 2 MCL.

My guess is that we would have a pretty good chance of having Rodney if we were to get to the Big One.
Thanks for all the comments from you and PromisedLand. You obviously became unfortunate experts on the injury (as I once learned more about the greater tuberosity of the humerus than I ever cared to know).

Rodney would be a big factor if he can play in the bigger games. Would have liked to see him against San Diego (assuming the Pats get there) to tackle Gates. He's always been the answer to the big TEs. Unfortunately, I can't imagine he'll be back in action that soon.

Funny how this story originated out of San Diego and now is being regarded as pure fact.

:rolleyes:

I hate this towns media.

No. Read it again. "ACCORDING TO LEAGUE SOURCES." Reiss is the only source to trust on this. Tomase and Adam Schefter don't know what is going on just yet.

You're right-good catch. Reiss is merely reporting what others are saying,not necessarily what is actually fact.

You're right-good catch. Reiss is merely reporting what others are saying,not necessarily what is actually fact.

I will keep clinging to that small hope:)

I hope Harrison is alright. He is a difference maker with this D. Uggh.

Sucks that Rodney is hurt and may miss some time, but let's try to look on the bright side. Sanders is being groomed for the position for when Rodney decides to call it a career, and this will give him a good opportunity to get some experience in a key role in a playoff atmosphere. I'd much rather have Rodney in there, but while there are no pushovers in the AFC playoff bracket, the Jets are the easiest possible opponent for the Pats, so it's a good start for Sanders.

Remember, they went without Seymour for a game against the Colts, when pass rushing was a must, and Jarvin Green stepped up big time. Hopefully, Sanders will play that role for us on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back