PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison has strained MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confident we will win as well, and I have faith that Bill will come up with a masterfull gameplan and Brady and co. will deliver. I am just angry about Rodney's injury. It wasnt Belichick's fault for playing his starters. Its the titans fault because Fisher problably told that WR to go for Rodney's knees. F**k the Titans.

Agreed 100%

The look on Fishers face was really strange......I really find it hard to belive he coached his players ot take cheap shots, but man, it sure looked that way. Plus, BB sort of slamming that last score home maybe confirms he was pissed as well?

Last edited:
the last time rodney got injured...was before the jets game...mangini has a good luck thing going...

Definitely need to draft a replacement for Rodney Next year. Laron Landry would be awesome.

Tomase likes to highlight the worst case scenario when it comes to injuries. I'll believe Rodney's out next week when I see it, or when Reiss has something about it.

EXACTLY. According to Reiss the team was traveling back to Boston today. How the hell does Tomase know what's wrong with Rodney before everyone else. :mad:
I don't trust anything that comes out of the Herald.

I am confident we will win as well, and I have faith that Bill will come up with a masterfull gameplan and Brady and co. will deliver. I am just angry about Rodney's injury. It wasnt Belichick's fault for playing his starters. Its the titans fault because Fisher problably told that WR to go for Rodney's knees. F**k the Titans.

While the play might not have been technically dirty, I think it's clear what Wade's intentions were. Rodney had gotten involved in some extra curricular with him on the play before (if memory serves, he was frantically trying to rip the ball out of his hands after the play was over). It's frustrating, but I remember thinking "what the hell are you doing Rodney?", thinking it was boneheaded to provoke any of those as*holes in a meaningless game.

Wade, being a total f**kface like that whole Titan team was, decided to respond with a borderline cheap shot. That entire Titan team was a bunch of losers. I don't care if the league rules that hit legal - I don't care if it was perfectly legal - it's too much of a coincidence it's following a play when Rodney and Wade got into it a little bit for there not to have been some extra motivation behind Wade's hit.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%

The look on Fishers face was really strange......I really find it hard to belive he coached his players ot take cheap shots, but man, it sure looked that way. Plus, BB sort of slamming that last score home maybe confirms he was pissed as well?
Nah, I think it was more for Vinny then to piss off Fisher. Damnit...I dunno if we have one of those days like we did against the Lions when Kitna was picking our secondary apart with ease then I am truly worried. All I can hope for is that Sanders steps up big time and Asante picks off Noodle Arm three times. :mad:

EXACTLY. According to Reiss the team was traveling back to Boston today. How the hell does Tomase know what's wrong with Rodney before everyone else. :mad:
I don't trust anything that comes out of the Herald.
I dislike Tomase but if memory serves me correctly he was the first to crack the news that Tedy broke his hand during training camp, I hope he is wrong but who knows.

I thought the Pats kept this type of stuff confidential until they released their injury report...how would Tomase have found out?

Last edited:
Medical terminology varies but a "mid-level strain" probably means what I would understand as a level-two sprain of the medial collateral ligament -- the commonest kind of "knee twist" ligament damage. The standard classification depends on how much of the ligament is torn: level one is up to 25%, level two 25-50% and so on. Having had a level two MCL sprain, I think that you would be optimistic to be playing in a brace in 4 weeks and full recovery (no twinges) takes six months to a year. It isn't anything like as big a deal as ACL or PCL but there is little you can do to accelerate the healing and re-growth. Massage and heat treatment help but not a huge amount (Seymour had the same injury last season -- it's very common.)

Not a career-ender by any means, but very bad news for the play-offs, I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong).

i think tommorow is the key day. pats usually announce bad injuries(i mean season ending) on the days off...if tommorow is ineventful then rodney will be listed as questionable-maybe will still do that just keep the guessing game going.

We will see what variety it is..as was said..a strain is much better than a tear...hopefully NOT severe..GET WELL RODNEY!!!

A strain is a tear is a sprain, Stan -- it's just the ignorance of non-medics. It's how much is torn that matters.

Agreed, those who don't see safety as a very high priority draft need, are ignoring how important Rodney is to this defense, and how much more often he seems to be injured as he ages.

I love Rodney as much as anyone, but we need a young apprentice assassin for him to train.

Agreed, those who don't see safety as a very high priority draft need, are ignoring how important Rodney is to this defense, and how much more often he seems to be injured as he ages.

I love Rodney as much as anyone, but we need a young apprentice assassin for him to train.
I have been under assumption that the young player he was training was Sanders. Harrison said he had talked a lot with Sanders at times(about football obviously) during the offseason and he was definitley giving him advice.

Medical terminology varies but a "mid-level strain" probably means what I would understand as a level-two sprain of the medial collateral ligament -- the commonest kind of "knee twist" ligament damage. The standard classification depends on how much of the ligament is torn: level one is up to 25%, level two 25-50% and so on. Having had a level two MCL sprain, I think that you would be optimistic to be playing in a brace in 4 weeks and full recovery (no twinges) takes six months to a year. It isn't anything like as big a deal as ACL or PCL but there is little you can do to accelerate the healing and re-growth. Massage and heat treatment help but not a huge amount (Seymour had the same injury last season -- it's very common.)

Not a career-ender by any means, but very bad news for the play-offs, I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong).

If anyone can come back from this it's Rodney. We just have to keep winning for the next three weeks and Rodney will be out on the field to get the Lombardi for us.

... we need a young apprentice assassin for him to train.
darthmaul.jpg

Like this guy?

A strain is a tear is a sprain, Stan -- it's just the ignorance of non-medics. It's how much is torn that matters.

In engineering, strain is amount of elongation. When a ligament is medically strained, isn't iit elongated too much? Or is it damaged due to partial tearing?

Last edited:

James Sanders........GO PATS!!!!!!:rocker:

From your lips, etc.

They don't need him for the Jets game, and they won't need him for the Super Bowl.

Bull! They need every single capable part of their machine on the field. When a team wins 10 games, like the Jets did, it means they are capable of winning. Add the intangibles of a game (penalties and/or bad calls, turnovers, a single missed assignment causing a quick score, ST field position/scoring possibilities) and it is a recipe for anyone losing any single match up. The surest way for the Patriots to not only put themselves in the best possible position to win but to overcome any of the intangibles that go against them, is having all their components on the field and executing properly. It's the playoffs now. Nothing and no opponent should, or will thanks to BB, be taken for granted.............

Thanks can you enlighten us more about tears..strains and pulls?? I always rgought a strain was more like a pull as opposed to a tear..so obviously there are more than one factor involved how much and where and??? Thanks for the correction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back