Welcome to PatsFans.com

Harrison... Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Snarf, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarf

Snarf Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

While I'm sure we are all hoping that Rodney is fine and can come back, it's certainly possible we may never see him play again.

How is Rodney looking for the Pro Football Hall of Fame? Any chance?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. jbb9s

jbb9s In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

A construction company in Canton has a huge future if they start electing 2 time pro bowlers to the hall.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I would love to see Rodney get in,hes a class act and a far better player than 3 pro bowls. But I doubt he makes it. His rep as a dirty player will workk against him getting in like Jim Rices surliness towards reporters keeps him out.

4. JFK

JFK Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +60 / 4 / -1

He has 30+ picks and sacks as a Safety..He'll make it.

5. Snarf

Snarf Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

Since when is # of pro bowls the only criteria?

6. dakevdude

dakevdude Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oooooo....tough call....assuming he retires this year...his egilibity year would be the same as John Lynch...it might be a toss up for some...but I think alot of voters might lean toward Lynch...just my 2 cents...

7. PatriotNMP43

PatriotNMP43 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He should of had more pro bowls AND defensive player of the year honors. What keeps him out is hatred and jealousy, sad but true.

2 rings, only 30 and 30 guy ever, if Warren Moon can get in everyone should.

8. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Talk about the WORST criteria one could choose to judge by. Pro Bowls should not factor into any decision making. The worst, stupidest all-star game of any sport, with awful, ignorant voters and players deciding who goes? No thank you. Rodney is a no-brainer HOF player. Stats, rings, leadership and a legitimate presence in the league. If you ask who were the dominant safeties of the free agency era, and Rodney's name isn't one of the first from your lips, you don't know football.

9. jbb9s

jbb9s In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I was about to write a dissertation after I finished the film study of the 96 Chargers but I am pretty tired and its bed time. Maybe in 2014 I will get back to you after I accumulate all the would-be sacks Ken Houston had in the 76 season before they were recorded but I couldn't find the tape for week 13. If I could compare Houston to Harrison, then use an algorithm to incorporate defensive schemes that may have favored one or the others personal numbers, then I could figure if Rodney makes it.

Did I mention Houston was all-league 12 years consecutively?

10. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -4

I think that he is deserving, and that he has the stats to get in as well, but I'm afraid he won't because too many people hate him. HOF voting in many ways is a popularity contest. And all the sports journalists will bring up is that he was voted 'dirtiest player' 3 years in a row or something. It's a shame really, Rodney at his prime, was one of the toughest, hardest hitting safeties to ever strap on the pads. AND he was a real leader and field general back there too, that's something that is often overlooked about Rodney.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Ity shouldn't be but give me a player any player offense or defense sthat has gotten in the hall of fame with three PB's. And its not as much the PB's as it is Rodney is not liked,he still carries the rep as the dirtiest player in the league as of last year. Theres an aspect of a popularity contest in all of the hall of fames,i've heard this before Rodney's rep will hurt him getting in. We all love Rodney the way he plays the intensity, the hart, the hitting. But we have to look at him with less subjectivity. We see those attributes in him when the rest of the league thinks about Rodney they think hard hitting Dirty player,even if it isn't deserved any longer. Don't get me wrong for all the neg. talk i think he has a shot. But i'm not counting on it.

12. thechris

thechris Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He'll get in but it might be a loooooong wait.

13. TheComeback

TheComeback 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think he deserves it... superbowl champion, only defensive back in league history with 30 picks and 30 sacks. He was the best safety in the league for a long time.

14. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

he's got a shot

if he goes in he will go in as a charger and a pat (i love the nfl for that)

15. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Mark my words there is no question that Rodney will be in the Hall of Fame. He is the greatest Safety since Lott. 30 & 30 speaks for itself as do 2 SB rings and 4 conference rings.

And the dirty player image will IMO actually help too. The old adage no publicity is bad publicity. His dirty image will keep people talking about him and keep him on the minds of voters. But also its football the image of the tough hard hitting player is something the hall of fame feeds on. Rodney fits in with the likes of Deacon and other tough guys of the NFL.

16. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

He should but he won't, IMO.

He's in my HOF, though.

17. ScottieC

ScottieC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think that he won't make it or at least any time soon

If you look at the guys that will be going with him (If he's done, and I hope he is not) - You're looking at Seau, Lynch and Rodney all going up for election at about the same time. That's a tough take for 3 defensive guys.

Of course, there are a lot of factors surrounding that - Will Seau be back? Only if one of our guys gets hurt this year. Will Lynch be coming back? I Hope so, I would love to see his vetran leadership on the team.

And of course Rodney's injury and the conversation between Bill, Scott, Tom and Rodney.

18. patsfanindoltsland

patsfanindoltsland On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

unfortunately, voters do tend to look at # of pro bowls and his reputation for being a "dirty player." he could get in, but it's not too likely.

19. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

I think he gets in. Not a first ballot, but eventually he will get in.

20. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Harrison is in HOF. He is hardcore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.