PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HARRISON, Gay, Koppen, Seymour, Sullivan return in full pads, Graham in red jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HARRISON, Gay, Koppen, Seymour, Sullivan return in full pads, Graham in red jerse

Great news about Gay and Koppen too. And Sey's expected return.

Wow, if Rodney's knee continues to progress then our top 7 DB's will be
Harrison
Wilson
Hawkins
Sanders
Samuel
Hobbs
Gay

that is definitely a group we can succeed with. 4 NFL legit CB's (if you count Wilson as a CB) to play the dime with two decent safeties to chose from to put beside Rodney. Even one that can really run in Sanders. Yow! The standard set could rotate four CBs with little drop off and the same with 3 safeties.

Last edited:
Finally an unexpected good day for Pats fans. Feels like it's been forever. Now once Deion comes back we can start the journey to 4 out of 6...

Re: HARRISON, Gay, Koppen, Seymour, Sullivan return in full pads, Graham in red jerse

I'm shaking, I'm sweating, I have the chills, this is just so great.

Screw "Christmas in July."

This is "Christmas in August."

So much great news in so little a period of time.

RODNEY'S BACK!!

Woooohooooo!

Last edited:

Think about this :

Not only are Rodney and Bruschi going to be involved in this season's defense (I have confidence that Bru will make short work of this arm problem), but Corey Dillon is in A) better shape, and B) better health than in 2005. And we've got this guy named Lawrence Maroney to back him up and spell him.

The last time Harrison, Bruschi, and Dillon were all healthy in the same season was in 2004. That was a pretty good year. Our 1st round reserve RB will go a long way towards easing CD's loss if he should get injured again, relieving us fans from having to cringe everytime Faulk runs between the tackles.

Oh, and by the way, we still have TOM BRADY and Richard Seymour.

I think this season is going to be a fun one to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
very very well !!!

good news !!!

wellcome back expecially to Rodney and Dan !!!

alè !!!!!

Deion Branch is in the back of my mind, he can hold out for all I care, that son of a biatch.

And now, let me say, with full conviction: YOUR Superbowl 41 champions, THE New England PATRIOTS.

In the words of, well, lots of people, BOOK IT.

Patsox23 can probably taste the Sam Adams now from Slagathor!!!!!!!

I was really worried about Koppen. I'm glad he's back. I had no doubt about the rest returning, sooner or later.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
Patsox23 can probably taste the Sam Adams now from Slagathor!!!!!!!

I'll be happy to oblige.

But I doubt I'll have to.

Good news about Rodney though.

Another Reiss update:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 07, 2006
'Pop 'em, Rodney!'

It didn't take long for spectators at Patriots training camp to realize safety Rodney Harrison was on the field for the first time since suffering a knee injury on Sept. 25, 2005 in Pittsburgh. As Harrison ran with the scout-team defense during a 7-on-7 session, a call was heard from the nearby stands: "Pop 'em, Rodney! Pop 'em!"

Harrison has been held out of some work in the practice, such as one-on-one coverage.

After the 7-on-7 session in which Harrison played safety, quarterback Tom Brady approached him on the field, jumped in the air, and butted helmets with him in excitement."

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:37:01 PM

Last edited:

pats1 said:
Another Reiss update.

"August 07, 2006
'Pop 'em, Rodney!'

It didn't take long for spectators at Patriots training camp to realize safety Rodney Harrison was on the field for the first time since suffering a knee injury on Sept. 25, 2005 in Pittsburgh. As Harrison ran with the scout-team defense during a 7-on-7 session, a call was heard from the nearby stands: "Pop 'em, Rodney! Pop 'em!"

Harrison has been held out of some work in the practice, such as one-on-one coverage.

After the 7-on-7 session in which Harrison played safety, quarterback Tom Brady approached him on the field, jumped in the air, and butted helmets with him in excitement."

God,this just keeps on getting better.

I may have to have the grin on my face surgically removed.:D

Wow, great news. I was thinking of Rodney today. Thinking we might hear something today. This is even better.

CrazyDave said:
Wow, great news. I was thinking of Rodney today. Thinking we might hear something today. This is even better.

I think we all expected to see Sullivan and Seymour back, but Rodney was one helluva pleasant surprise.

pats1 said:

PRACTICE ATTENDANCE: This is the Patriots' 14th practice of training camp, which is now in its ninth day. Players not present for this workout include receiver Chad Jackson, running back Patrick Pass, safety Ray Ventrone, tight end Garrett Mills, inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi, offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, outside linebacker Chad Brown, and defensive linemen Marquise Hill and Jarvis Green. ... Deion Branch remains a holdout.

Monty Beisel is not listed as missing practice. Did he also return to the field?

Last edited:
This is AWESOME!!!!!

Rodney is my favorite player on defense.

I can't wait for the season now!!!!!

This is great news indeed, need to see pics of Rodney in action!

rhubma said:
PRACTICE ATTENDANCE: This is the Patriots' 14th practice of training camp, which is now in its ninth day. Players not present for this workout include receiver Chad Jackson, running back Patrick Pass, safety Ray Ventrone, tight end Garrett Mills, inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi, offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, outside linebacker Chad Brown, and defensive linemen Marquise Hill and Jarvis Green. ... Deion Branch remains a holdout.

Monty Beisel is not listed as missing practice. Did he also return to the field?

Sounds like it. We'll have to see what the Patriots.com report says.

rhubma said:

Just got home from the practice and feel like I've had Christmas and New Years all in one!!!! Rodney was out early and I felt like screaming and shouting to see him in full pads! He didn't participate in all the drills but looked good in the 7vs7. Caught Vrabes giving him a big high five in the back corner during warm-ups.
Beisel was in full pads and participating.
What gift today's practice was! Can't stop smiling!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill