PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

harrington - was he strutting like he was the man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
i could of sworn when they were at the 10 i think before half he made a big completion then he start strutting to the line of scrimmage like im the man.. anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
i saw the strutting, i didnt see or hear that comment though.

Chris said:
i could of sworn when they were at the 10 i think before half he made a big completion then he start strutting to the line of scrimmage like im the man.. anyone else notice this?

I saw it, Harrington's such a dork. Someone should probably remind him what a terrible bust he is.

Yeah I saw it. What an idiot.

I saw that too, what a tool.

I saw it and was bowled over! After all the struggles he's been through to try just stay in the NFL, you'd think the boy would have a bit of perspective by now. It's kind of sad really because Joey has some real natural talent, but when he's strutting around near his own ten yard line after making a measely first down it seems his head just isn't on the same level as his body.

To top it off, the TV broadcast showed Harrington going up and down the bench high-fiving a number of players while the Pat's were kneeling down to run the clock out. Misguided attempt at showing leadership or another complete lack of perspective? Joey, losing that game meant you were now 1-4 and the entire season is probably gone down the drain and you're high-fiving the boys for their effort? I don't know....

Hey, the guy had a 20-story billboard in Times Square- HE IS THE MAN! :rolleyes:

Chris said:

I saw that too and I was thinking, "What a punk!"...

He throws like a 12 yard completeion and he's got his hands down, palms open, doing this "Deion Sanders-eqsue" shoulder shake and shimmy.

Kinda pissed me off and then I realized, if you're Joey Harrington, and your entire football career has kind of slid into the toilet, I guess you gotta celebrate even the smallest victories.

"Hey, I actually completed a pass. Check me out!"

I mean, jeez, at least wait until you throw a touchdown pass.

ADPF

PS: I also saw all that hand shaking at the end with the Dolphins, which really shows where their mindset is: "Hey, we suck, but we stayed within 10 of the Pats in a losing effort. That's something, right? High five, baby!"

Last edited:
Interesting post. We go from anaylising our QB's body language to other teams QB's body language.

When did this site become a TV Talk Show???? Oprah anyone?!

I saw it too but i had a different take. I believe it was right after he got hit hard, and i though he was limping a bit OR shaking off that hit. It was the only time I saw him do it, and I didn't think he was "strutting"!

just my $.02

I saw it too. What a joke. That guy is full of himself.

He probably was strutting because even though they were about to lose he was still playing way better than Culpepper. So he realizes he is the new starting QB for the Dolphins.

minvardar said:
He probably was strutting because even though they were about to lose he was still playing way better than Culpepper. So he realizes he is the new starting QB for the Dolphins.

Thats what I believe... He is the man for the Doophins... because even thou they lost he looked a lot better than Culpeper... I can see him starting the next game for Miami...

you want your qb to have confidence.....to have good body language

Brady'sButtBoy said:
To top it off, the TV broadcast showed Harrington going up and down the bench high-fiving a number of players while the Pat's were kneeling down to run the clock out. Misguided attempt at showing leadership or another complete lack of perspective? Joey, losing that game meant you were now 1-4 and the entire season is probably gone down the drain and you're high-fiving the boys for their effort? I don't know....
I didn't have a problem with that at all. The guy just got one foot in the door as a starting quarterback again with his play yesterday. He was just over there trying to get his teammates' respect.

I saw that too. I had to stop for a second a think, "excuse me, you are Joey Harrington right? The guy who was drafted in the top five and then absolutely sucked and was relseased?"

Alk said:
I didn't have a problem with that at all. The guy just got one foot in the door as a starting quarterback again with his play yesterday. He was just over there trying to get his teammates' respect.

Winning will earn real respect. I know you have to start somewhere, and Joey said all the right things post game, but combined with his ridiculous dance mid-game, Joey looked like a guy who continued to ignore the fact that his team was losing and the further hope of someday winning is a fantasy unless you buckle down NOW. Jumping around and trying to focus your guys with 1:30 left in the game and no timeouts while your team is getting stroked is Detroit Lion culture - poor Joey has had his career ruined by the idiots running the Lions. How many people could come out of such a zero-gain four year situation and not be stained by the experience? Here's hoping the guy finds what he had in college and can completely purge whatever spirit killing misinformation MaTt Millen and his numbnuts forced down Harrington's throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back