PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard to Root for the Sox

dizi24

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Is anyone else finding it difficult to root for the Sox this the year? This ownership group trashed one of the most popular managers on his way out just so they could save face. They've done this with almost every single player on his way out as well and it's hard to support a team that systematically does this.

Then you have the current batch of players who just don't seem to care. Even the "chicken and beer" thing aside, which was way overblown, it's just one of the more unlikeable teams I've seen. Only a few guys like Pedroia seem to even care out there. At least Melancon sounded devastated after he blew the game, it's nice seeing someone on this team actually care.

Anyone else just unaffected by this team? I've been a die hard and could easily root through losing seasons. But this team is just a waste of time.

Is anyone else finding it difficult to root for the Sox this the year? This ownership group trashed one of the most popular managers on his way out just so they could save face. They've done this with almost every single player on his way out as well and it's hard to support a team that systematically does this.

Then you have the current batch of players who just don't seem to care. Even the "chicken and beer" thing aside, which was way overblown, it's just one of the more unlikeable teams I've seen. Only a few guys like Pedroia seem to even care out there. At least Melancon sounded devastated after he blew the game, it's nice seeing someone on this team actually care.

Anyone else just unaffected by this team? I've been a die hard and could easily root through losing seasons. But this team is just a waste of time.
impossable to root for describes how i feel about that so called team.

This team is a dumpster fire and the dramatics although way overblown is getting tiresome. It's emotionally draining to watch this team in any other year. It's almost impossible to even attempt to get on board after this off season.

I mean really, how can you get behind a organization that dumped on the only manager to win this team two titles after not winning one for 86 years? The information that got out about Francona is unforgivable, Theo's parting could of been handled better,by both sides. The whole Ellsbury and Crawford situations. It's a mother $%^&%$ soap opera and I'm taking a break for awhile.

This is coming from a fan who was a big Henry/Lucchino supporter not too long ago. Just a really disappointing off season from those two. I'll still watch the highlights and cheer my favorites, but I'm not wearing my heart on my sleeve for this team for awhile.

tired of the owners' antics, but I don't see it as a dislikeable team

tired of the owners' antics, but I don't see it as a dislikeable team
When the Red Sox go on a winning streak, just you watch all the disenchanted run back screaming "I love you Red Soxxxxxxxxxx'. ;)

The team, as currently constructed doesn't appear to have an identity. As the season progresses, I'm sure we'll find out more about the Sox.

Much like the Patriots.

this is my team.

We may fall out, there maybe people in the organisation that I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire (Entire FO, including LL, John Lackey)

but they are my team.
If they end up 1-161. This is my team.

Much like the Patriots.

this is my team.

We may fall out, there maybe people in the organisation that I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire (Entire FO, including LL, John Lackey)

but they are my team.
If they end up 1-161. This is my team.
they are my team to but we arent on speaking terms. and its not about wins and losses for me. the current ownership and players have taken a collective dump on the redsox brand franchise whatever you want to call it. im angry and its not because they are 1 and 5.

When the Red Sox go on a winning streak, just you watch all the disenchanted run back screaming "I love you Red Soxxxxxxxxxx'. ;)

The team, as currently constructed doesn't appear to have an identity. As the season progresses, I'm sure we'll find out more about the Sox.
they will have there winning streaks but in the end they will be nothing but a tease.

they are my team to but we arent on speaking terms. and its not about wins and losses for me. the current ownership and players have taken a collective dump on the redsox brand franchise whatever you want to call it. im angry and its not because they are 1 and 5.

This, this, this, THIS THIS!!!

popeyes-e1334334042938.jpeg

Not happening. Like I said, I'm taking a time out for awhile. Of course I would watch the playoffs if they made it though, it would speak volumes of this team coming together with a big f off to the front office. If that makes me a bandwagon fan I guess that's what I am. Although I have watched a couple of thousand games on tv and attended about a hundred at Fenway since I was like 7 years old.

Not happening. Like I said, I'm taking a time out for awhile. Of course I would watch the playoffs if they made it though, it would speak volumes of this team coming together with a big f off to the front office. If that makes me a bandwagon fan I guess that's what I am. Although I have watched a couple of thousand games on tv and attended about a hundred at Fenway since I was like 7 years old.
I've no real issue with your approach Patriot Missile, however the season is 7 games in. Given the amount of baseball games yet to be played, I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold.

To me, the Red Sox are like the Celtics. I don't have high expectations for either, and to date, the Celtics have outperformed the mild expectations I had for 2011/2012 already.

People love scrappy overachievers and they hate overpaid underachievers. Over the past several years, the Red Sox have gone from having primarily the former to primarily the latter.

However, I do agree that the beer & chicken thing was way overblown. Drink alcohol and win (like they did in 2004) and you're a bunch of fun lovin' guys having a good time! Drink alcohol and lose and all of a sudden it's a serious discipline problem that must be addressed.

6 game win streak on the road, 1 game left, back to .500 with series against Oakland, Baltimore and Kansas City coming up. If ever there was a time for the Red Sox to start their ascension, it's now.

6 game win streak on the road, 1 game left, back to .500 with series against Oakland, Baltimore and Kansas City coming up. If ever there was a time for the Red Sox to start their ascension, it's now.
Last Saturday, I wrote that I wouldn't watch another game until they were at .500. I lied. I've watched every inning this week. It may have been Minnesota and Chicago, but winning 6 in a row on the road after last week-end's debacle shows me something. Beating a guy like Peavy 1-0 on the road is not an easy thing to do. More than any other game, baseball seems to be based largely upon mental approach and, for whatever reason, the RS have shown some resilience and grit this week. There are still "things" about this team which piss me off and grate on me, but I'm still a fan. We'll see how it goes from here.

Well, the Red Sox have begun to establish their 2012 identity; 170 million of average.

Last edited:
Anyone feel like discussing the impending 3rd base controversy with Will Middlebrooks looking every bit the Red Sox current and future 3rd basemen.

The Sox need to keep playing some younger, athletic players taking note of what the Texans have achieved. Speed, athleticism and the exuberance of youth must permeate the Red Sox organization.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back