PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think he has a temper problem? I'm no choirboy myself, but every other word out of his mouth is f*ck and he flies off the handle over little things. I haven't seen this week's segment yet, though -- perhaps he's turned over a new leaf becoming "stern but nice." :rolleyes:

The flying off the handle thing is pretty true...but as for swearing, some of the most patient, easygoing, nice people I know still curse like sailors. It's just how some people talk.

The flying off the handle thing is pretty true...but as for swearing, some of the most patient, easygoing, nice people I know still curse like sailors. It's just how some people talk.
BB has a pretty robust potty-mouth.

and so do TFB and his spouse!

I think Bill's biggest issue has been being far too stingy at the QB position and he seems very refusing to upgrade it. I think they should have taken Derek Carr last year.

Apparently Mallet is pouting. Skipped practice today

Mallett was late to practice and OB sent him home, BB style.

Mallet is a dink for his butt hurt comments after losing the QB battle. It wasn't outrageous but the whole "disagree" thing rubs me the wrong way. He ought to shut up and prepare to play if Hoyer stinks the bed.

Mallet has been underwhelming his entire career...as a backup.

Not to mention he overslept yesterday. He has Genoitis.

If Houston's OL and RBs stay healthy Hoyer/Mallett won't be asked to do much but to complete a few passes to some tall WRs, TEs, and a good possession receiver in Nate Washington. I'm excited to see them play, especially since they are in the same division as the Dolts.

Well, that became a lot harder when Arian Foster went down for 4-6 games (possibly even an IR-DTR candidate) and Andre Johnson left, but I get where you're coming from. I just don't think that they can see much success with either one of those QBs.

It was fairly obvious that whatever talent Mallett had was balanced out by his inability to command respect and act like a leader. It also appears as though he's a bit on the dim side, and possibly just too laid back. It's also possible that he's just not that great of a QB--talent wise, and was overrated the whole time.

You don't think he has a temper problem? I'm no choirboy myself, but every other word out of his mouth is f*ck and he flies off the handle over little things. I haven't seen this week's segment yet, though -- perhaps he's turned over a new leaf becoming "stern but nice." :rolleyes:

I'm actually concerned for his health, speaking solely as someone who has seen the negative effects that overwhelming stress can have on the body. Jim Harbaugh is another coach who you'd just like to see take a freaking Xanax every now and again.

That said, after seeing what that poor family deals with in terms of their 13 yr old son, I feel for him in every way possible. That poor kid was supposed to die by the age of 2, so it has to be like a dark cloud hanging above them at all times. I know that we all have our personal struggles, but that would be tough to deal with every day. Poor kid really can't even communicate. What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back