PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harbaugh to send tapes of NE game to NFL office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Harbaugh to send tapes of NE game to NFL office.

Can you explain what happened again? or anybody?

I have to see the play again, but Oher was apparently downfield illegally.

Hopefully the league will note that their first TD should have been called back due to a penalty which the refs did not call.

What is the scenario you are referring to, Mayo?

I missed the initial BAL score that made it 7-3, last play I saw they had it 3rd and goal, but were backed up due to a penalty IIRC.

EDIT: sorry man, didn't see your response to CampPen33 until now---thnx

Last edited:

I wonder if he will send an audio tape of his yapping constantly on the sideline??? Harbaugh is a terd..I really despise him and his whiners..The league should throw a fine that will knock him and his stupidity on his backside...HE SHOULD have been flagged again for his mouth...the league should also come down on Suggs and Lewis for their comments..
Suggs saying maybe two hand tag is next. I'd like to see the big mouth be a QB for a few plays and THEN let him see how vulnerable he is...AS a QB. And how his knees are quite in the open..

Isn't his team playing next week. Shouldn't he be preparing for the Bengals instead of *****ing and moaning about the refs. I can understand the fans but this guy has a game to prepare for. Whew, thank god we have Belichick. Anyways I hope he keeps it up perhaps the next time we meet them we get another 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct from the bench !!

After that game I had all the respect in the world for the Ravens and how they played, but now.......not so much. The good thing is that better team really won on Sunday.

Tomorrow's Headlines....

John Harbaugh visits with Arlen Spector to discuss further action against the Patriots

Call it ProtectingtheQBGate

Tomorrow's Headlines....

John Harbaugh visits with Arlen Spector to discuss further action against the Patriots

Call it ProtectingtheQBGate

Nice one......RavenscomplainaftereverylossGate....

Last edited:

Billick wouldn't have sent the tapes into the league.

Billick wouldn't have sent the tapes into the league.

He would have just blew kisses at Brandon Meriweather.

The only play he has any kind of gripe on is the failed fake FG. That was a poor spot and should have been a turnover. The rest of the calls were called correctly.

The only play he has any kind of gripe on is the failed fake FG. That was a poor spot and should have been a turnover. The rest of the calls were called correctly.

I do agree with you, although it was a ball spot, and we have certainly been on the other side of those. When I initially saw the play in real time, I didn't think he made it. After seeing the replay, I can see why they gave him the spot, as he seemed to reach out in front of him. That really could have gone either way, as they did spend lots of time checking the challenged replay. They saw lots of looks at it, and didn't have enough evidence to overturn it.

We've certainly been on the other side of plenty of those, the one that comes to mind is the Indy game last year w/ David Thomas' personal foul with his backed turned to the play. Had the ball been spotted fairly, it would've been a 1st and 25 instead, and we would've at least kicked a FG. Those are the realities of the game, as where the ball is spotted can help or hurt you.

If they are going to complain about that, they are very petty, as we know our coach would accept the responsibility of not being properly prepared, execution, etc.

I haven't rewatched this, and I remember the announcers claiming that this was a bad spot, but IIRC there was one angle, which gave no perception of where the ball was. The rule is the spot of the ball when the player touches out of bounds, no? I saw another angle during the broadcast that looked like it was a fine spot.

ok...imagine you're Harbaugh...What are you supposed to do now?

...you're HC of a team that has basically played combined .500 ball over the past two seasons (only one of which you coached)...

...you made the Playoffs last year with an 11--5 record, but lost to every elite AFC team you played in the regular season (Steelers x2, Colts) and also lost to the Titans and Giants, making the Playoffs with 11 wins, a few of which were solid (Eagles, Texans, Cowboys, Fins who played well last year) but five of which came against the Browns x2, Bungles x2 and Raiders

...in the Playoffs, you beat the Fins and Titans, which are a combined 1--7 this season, and then lost to the Steelers, for the third time in a season....

...now, it's 2009 and getting to be no-excuses time with a seasoned team and second year QB...you beat up on the Chiefs and Browns at home and handle a decent, but not great, SD team on the road...you come to Foxboro for your "statement" game and, lo and behold, you lose to a team with a "Work in Progress" D and an Offense being led by a guy who missed an entire season and is still a little rusty...

...now, you look at the rest of your schedule...you see two games against the resurgent Bungles, two games against the good ol' Steelers plus games against the Vikings, Packers, Colts and Bears...

...you start to realize that the heat is about to get intense and maybe you're worried about losing a lockerroom without a lot of veteran leadership that hasn't done time for felonies...your prior year's Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach is getting big headlines in New York where people are starting to talk about him as a Coach of the Year candidate...after he was passed over a year ago for the job you got...and you're starting to wonder how long it will take for the local scribes to start suggesting that maybe that was the wrong decision...

...you realize that this whole thing could get away from you very soon and you see the specter of Mangini who went from genius to moron in two seasons...you also have bad memories of a Super Bowl game when your Eagles team lost to, well, the Patriots...

...WHAT DO YOU DO?

...OF COURSE YOU TRY TO DEFLECT ATTENTION TO THE REFS!!!!

ok...imagine you're Harbaugh...What are you supposed to do nowlost to, well, the Patriots......................................................................................................................
...WHAT DO YOU DO?

...OF COURSE YOU TRY TO DEFLECT ATTENTION TO THE REFS!!!!

:pThat was priceless.

If that had been called correctly, there would have been no need to even measure. By the rules, with the penalty called, the play was over as soon as Baker caught the ball- 5 yard penalty, no loss of down.

I don't know about that. If you watch the replay in slo-mo, it appears that Baker reached out over the 1st down marker with the ball before being pushed out of bounds. I thought the refs got this one right. The game's on tonight at 9:30 on NFLN, so we should all watch & see how bad a spot it was. Their gripe that the stop of Magehee (sp?) at midfield on 4th down was a bad spot is all wet. They got further on 3rd down than they did on 4th.

If that had been called correctly, there would have been no need to even measure. By the rules, with the penalty called, the play was over as soon as Baker caught the ball- 5 yard penalty, no loss of down.

Wrong.

You do realize that every team just about every week sends video of plays that they felt were either bad calls or bad non-calls to the league. They simply ask for an explanation. This is common throughout the league.

BB himself has addressed it several times, as have many other coaches during press conferences.

But pointing this out doesn't make for good theater.

I think the Ravens' argument was that since it was an illegal formation penalty (not a false start) that they had a right to decline the penalty. Therefore, they challenged the play to say Baker did not get a first down (so declining the penalty would mean turnover on downs). Are you saying the refs called it wrong (as it should have been "false start" and not "illegal formation") or that the "penalty" for an illegal formation is the same as that for a false start (meaning the play doesn't even count, 5 yd. penalty, no loss of down)?

In regards to the spotting of the ball on the fake field goal attempt. The ball is placed at the point where the ball is at the time the runner's knee touches down. It doesn't matter if the ball is out of bounds. Baker extended himself and he is not considered out of bounds until his knee hit. At the point his knee hit he waspast the first down marker. How many times have you seen a TD called when a runner jumps over the pylon in the front corner of the end zone and lands out of bounds? That's because the endzone extends past the out of bounds line and if he jumps at the one and lands out of bounds but beyond the white line of the endzone it is a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes