PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Thanksgiving to all Pats fans from JPP!

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all Pats fans from JPP!

Gobble gobble….. :p:D:p:D

22676324823_5cb0b0fa13_o.png

I'm not bashing folks who are joking about JPP, but I personally feel uncomfortable every time I see it. Although I have no personal experience with a lost limb, I find the idea of losing limbs particularly ominous. Given how primitive societies, sickos and many primates routinely cut limbs of their victims/enemies, I always suspected there is a deep-rooted, primal aversion/fixation to it within all of us. Does anyone else cringe at the idea of lost limbs, and find jokes about it distasteful?

I can laugh at Eli's face after Gostowskis field goal all day. But, I don't find pleasure in laughing at someone who had a really unfortunate accident.

no need to make fun of him
I always picture that it went down like that episode of Family Guy when Peter blows his fingers off because he had too long of a name for the lit fireworks he had in his hand. :cool:

I'm not bashing folks who are joking about JPP, but I personally feel uncomfortable every time I see it. Although I have no personal experience with a lost limb, I find the idea of losing limbs particularly ominous. Given how primitive societies, sickos and many primates routinely cut limbs of their victims/enemies, I always suspected there is a deep-rooted, primal aversion/fixation to it within all of us. Does anyone else cringe at the idea of lost limbs, and find jokes about it distasteful?

no need to make fun of him

I can laugh at Eli's face after Gostowskis field goal all day. But, I don't find pleasure in laughing at someone who had a really unfortunate accident.

Whoa…. I didn’t know this forum was comprised of a bunch of 80 year old priests….

You’d think JPP was diagnosed with some form of terminal dieses which he doesn’t have control over, nor asked for it, and I’m making fun of him.

The guy is a jackass for muffing a firework stick. He’s not going to die from it, the guy is an idiot for doing something stupid. I see nothing wrong in cracking a joke at his expense.

Lighten up people. A bit of humor won’t kill you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING – BE HAPPY AND THANKFUL, FOR WE ARE 10-0!

JPP's injury had a bit of a Darwin award aspect to it, and it doesn't seem to be catastrophic as he's still playing.

But, yea, I wouldn't do the Nelson 'ha ha' to a guy in a wheelchair who lost his legs from an IED explosion.

an avoidable accident

Must be Giant thing. Plaxico Burris' leg is jealous.

upload_2015-11-25_13-25-33.jpeg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back