PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HAPPY Paraskavedekatriaphobia Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Just got my new 2006 pages for my Franklin Day Planner today (yes, it's true, I've done no work for the past 12 days because I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do.) And as I tried to reconstruct my mental to-do list on to paper for tomorrow, I noticed that it was the magickal Friday the 13th!

Those of you that suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia have my sympathies, for me it's been wonderful. My beloved wife was born on a Friday the 13th, I lost my virginity on a Friday the 13th, got my first professional radio gig on a Friday the 13th, and a few other highlights in my life happened on Friday the 13th's.

The only thing of significance for me that I expect from tomorrow is just that it will end up being the day before the Amazing Patriots secure their third consecutive spot in the AFC Championship on their way to an unprecedented third consecutive.... (nevermind, I'm not superstitious about Friday the 13th, but I am superstitious about jinxing my team :D )

By the way, the quote of the day at the top of the page for tomorrow is "Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness" --Ayn Rand.

Anyway, is anybody here truly fearful of Friday the 13th's anymore, or is it just another day? Anybody house-bound and refusing to answer the phone? :D Any GOOD Friday the 13th stories?

Last edited:
No stories of any Friday the 13th variety. However, I like your new "location". I too, anxiously await those photos. Hmmm...time to resurrect the Carolina cheerleader thread???

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Any GOOD Friday the 13th stories?

I knew a guy that actually said Paraskavedekatriaphobia once.

He freakin exploded 3 seconds later!!! Talk about bad mojo!

I wonder how long I would have gone before figuring out it was Friday, let alone the 13th......

A few years ago,I was a camp counselor. This guy wearing a hockey goalie mask kept hanging around the camp on Friday the 13th. Probably a harmless type.

When it was time to leave, I waited around for the other counselors but they never showed up. They must have left before me. Strange, I could never figure out what happened to them. Never even got a Xmas card from any of them.

Last edited:
Tennis anyone?

I think there was a female Czech tennis player by that name once...

Elena Paraskavedekatria.

She beat Anna Novatnia, Yelena Dementyeva and Nadezhda Petrova in the women's bracket, before finally losing to Martina Navratalova in the women's semi finals at Wimbeldon.

Petrova actually coined the phrase "Paraskavedekatria-phobia" to describe her fear of playing Elena Paraskavedekatria...

These are very little known facts...

ADPF

(Now everybody repeat after me, quickly, and with feeling:

Paraskavedekatria - Novatnia - Dementyeva - Petrova - Navratalova)

(Now do five shots of Jose Cuervo and try it again!)

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
I think there was female Czech tennis player by that name once...

Elena Paraskavedekatria.

She beat Anna Novatnia, Yelena Dementyeva and Nadezhda Petrova in the women's bracket, before finally losing to Martina Navratalova in the women's semi finals at Wimbeldon.

Petrova actually coined the phrase "Paraskavedekatria-phobia" to describe her fear of playing Elena Paraskavedekatria...

These are very little known facts...

ADPF

(Now everybody repeat after me, quickly, and with feeling:

Paraskavedekatria - Novatnia - Dementyeva - Petrova - Navratalova)

(Now do five shots of Jose Cuervo and try it again!)

And now that we do know it, we could never repeat it.

homergreg said:
I knew a guy that actually said Paraskavedekatriaphobia once.

He freakin exploded 3 seconds later!!! Talk about bad mojo!

Wrong Homergreg....I know your friend also and was there....your friend did not say "Paraskavedekatriaphobia". He challenged Tedy Bruschi to say it...Tedy turned around and wispered it while walking backwards and thats when your friends head exploded.....those around him saw that coming since we know Tedy and put our hands over our ears....and quickly closed our mouths and eyes as standing next to someone like your friend during that time is disgusting if you know what I mean....never mock or challenge Bruschi......

T-ShirtDynasty said:
for me it's been wonderful. My beloved wife was born on a Friday the 13th, I lost my virginity on a Friday the 13th

I've heard of robbing the cradle, but that's ridiculous. :D

Last year on a Fri 13th I went to Foxwoods to play 4/8 Hold 'em. I made over $500 in 3 hours. Not bad for a 4/8 game.

Michael said:
I've heard of robbing the cradle, but that's ridiculous. :D
:rofl: Those two events, of course, were seperated by decade or so. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:rofl: Those two events, of course, were seperated by decade or so. :D

so she was only 10 - you perv!

pats-blue said:
Wrong Homergreg....I know your friend also and was there....your friend did not say "Paraskavedekatriaphobia". He challenged Tedy Bruschi to say it...Tedy turned around and wispered it while walking backwards and thats when your friends head exploded.....those around him saw that coming since we know Tedy and put our hands over our ears....and quickly closed our mouths and eyes as standing next to someone like your friend during that time is disgusting if you know what I mean....never mock or challenge Bruschi......
Sorry, the story was handed down to me, and since you were there, you know the details better.

No disrespect meant to Mr. Bruschi. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey