Welcome to PatsFans.com

Happy Mr.Mom's Day LOL!!!

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, May 13, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I was congratulating JSP in the Mother's day thread. I got an idea to post this thread because I didn't want to ruin the Mom's day thread.

JSP and myself have gotten friendly over the last few years in PM's to each other. Two Rhode Island guys who have much in common.

Anyways, we are both Mr.Mom's, and i might add, extremely proud and happy to be such. JSP's journey is closer to the beginning. My Mr.Mom duties are shifting slightly. I am transitioning from Mr.Mom at home to Mr.Mom on the road as my 6-year old son gets more heavily into sports.

Ty is my 3rd child...I shared in the duties of my 2 teens when they were younger...but this time it was Mr.Mom all the way. I had often heard that men were born with mother's instincts. Never believed it until caring for him...an unbelievable experience if i say so myself.

Lot's of work...but nature prepared us men like I never could have imagined. Being MOM is way harder than being DAD...all day long. DAD's I have learned, have some room for error. MOM's on the other hand, have to anticipate errors...there is a huge difference there for sure. But, like i said...nature took care of it and it was so enjoyable I wish I could do it again.

So, how many Mr.Moms full-time or part-time do we have here at PatsFans.Com. Take a moment to be selfish, you deserve it...take a bow and happily wish yourself a happy Mr.Mom's day.
    Last edited: May 13, 2006
  2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Well I'm not really a Mr. Mom as I work full time but am perfectly happy (well happy might not be the word) to do everything that I can to take some of the burden off.

Because quite frankly I don't think I COULD be a Mom in any sense of the word - I do ok but the kind of patience and energy demonstrated by Mrs. & Mr. Moms is just something that strikes me as super human.

So anyone who takes on any of these roles deserves a round of applause in my book.

I think the days of gender roles in that capacity are very much older - there are plenty of families where the woman just simply has a better work situation and that requires the husband to stay at home.

Frankly - the fact that one of the parents can stay at home at ALL is an immensely good thing - but unfortunately one that fewer and fewer families can enjoy, with it being extremely difficult to get by on just one salary.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I get the Mr.Mom because I own my small business, which I run from my home. My wife...is enslavened by Stop & Shop as a department manager. I have lost much money in these last 6 years...but i happily lost all of it. Being a person of simple means...I consider that lost money as being well invested in human resources LOL!

I knew before that being MOM was the hardest job in the world...now I have lived it.

Actually...I have been totally selfish in this endevour. Being a 46 year old male...I get to observe my son as a MOM, DAD and GRAND-PARENT...because I have somewhat mellowed to the GP stage at my age.

Not saying this is great for the child...but it sure is interesting. The MOM part keeps nurturing, the DAD part makes sure the child stays balanced and the GP side keeps spoiling the child.....where's my Prozac???
    Last edited: May 13, 2006
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Happy mom's day to all mom's. It's the most important job in the world.:rocker:

Can't leave it to us guys, we'll screw it up. We do play an important role but not as important as the MOM.:eat1:
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I am also a member of that exclusive club, although I ran across a new name for the stay-at-home-dad nametag. Its called a Domestic Engineer. A friend of mine asked me if its really that bad (his wife told him he wouldn't last a week). I likened it to Chinese water torture. Two weeks would be ok, its the long term wear that drives you crazy (I have a 3.5 year old and 5 year old twins, basically triplets). Anyway, wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Now excuse me while I hunt down a large tranquilizer.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Scout...when I was posting in the PF I sensed you were a man of great patience and perseverance...now i know the rest of the story...well done.

It's the hardest and most rewarding at the same time...yes. My Mr.Momness is how I found PatsFans.com...when my son was napping next to my desk. I have less time to post now as he gets older and is more active...but as you well know...there is only 1 priority when we are on active duty...LOL.