PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Holidays to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Happy Passover to our Jewish friends...

Happy Easter to our Christian friends...

Happy mawlid al-nabi to our Musliom friends...

Happy Darwinist Evolution Day to our agnostic friends...

Happy "a little more than two weeks until the NFL Draft" to the all of us!

I love the Red Sox but I am passionate about the Pats (actually, I'm just as passionate about the Sox!)

ADPF

Last edited:
What about agnostics like me ? :confused: :D

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Happy Darwinist Evolution Day!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Happy Passover to our Jewish friends...
Happy Easter to our Christian friends...
Happy "a little more than two weeks until the NFL Draft" to the all of us!
I love the Red Sox but I am passionate about the Pats (actually, I'm just as passionate about the Sox!)
ADPF
this time of year, near the spring equinox, is mawlid al-nabi. the jewish and muslim calendars are lunar, while the west's is solar. so there is seldom an exact matchup of days. for muslims this holiday for for the birth of the pprophet muhammad.
please remember that these religions are inextricably entwined, and that arabs and jews lived together in peace, as neighbors and friends, for 5000 years. conflict is a phenomenon that's less than 70 years old.

ilduce06410 said:
this time of year, near the spring equinox, is mawlid al-nabi. the jewish and muslim calendars are lunar, while the west's is solar. so there is seldom an exact matchup of days. for muslims this holiday for for the birth of the pprophet muhammad.
please remember that these religions are inextricably entwined, and that arabs and jews lived together in peace, as neighbors and friends, for 5000 years. conflict is a phenomenon that's less than 70 years old.

That's interesting...

I didn't know the Muslims celebrated the birth of Mohammed at this time of year.

Also, the perspective of 5000 years of peace vs. 70 years of conflict is enlightening. It's a shame the leaders involved can't see that perspective and look past their "differences" to find a way to return to that peace.

what are the celebration rites?

NEM said:
Happy NEM Day to all.
tell me what to do to celebrate this most esteemed day.

that's why it's such a tragedy.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
That's interesting...
I didn't know the Muslims celebrated the birth of Mohammed at this time of year.
Also, the perspective of 5000 years of peace vs. 70 years of conflict is enlightening. It's a shame the leaders involved can't see that perspective and look past their "differences" to find a way to return to that peace.
ultimately, it's just a BAD LAND DEAL.
the surrrounding arab nations are to blame as well.
send me email either here or at [email protected]. we better get this issue of football in the year 900 BC, off this board.

ilduce06410 said:
Oh yeah, things were great durring the Ottoman Empire up until that time. Sorry, this problem goes back to biblical times.

ilduce06410 said:
ultimately, it's just a BAD LAND DEAL.
the surrrounding arab nations are to blame as well.
Gee, that's big of you to admit.

That's it for me, I won't respond any further on this issue. Please just note that I did not start this.

big of me to admit?

Patjew said:
Oh yeah, things were great durring the Ottoman Empire up until that time. Sorry, this problem goes back to biblical times.
Gee, that's big of you to admit.
That's it for me, I won't respond any further on this issue. Please just note that I did not start this.
what the hell is that?
as far as i recall, biblical times encompasses thosands of years.
i've sent you private emil on this so we can get this off the board.
yeah, i "started" it.
you finish it. i'm open.

NEM said:
First thing is to go and dance around the NEM Pole.

Then you must visit your local NEMmart.

On NEM day you get to purchase official autographed pictures of the NEMster at 50% off with every purchse of a full price NEM t-shirt.

Then it's off to your dinner where the famous NEM Chops are served, with a side order of NEMtatos.

Aftter dinner you all sit around and sing songs of praise to the NEMster and finally, off to bed awaiting a visit from NEMta Claus.

So, all in all, its just a great day....

HAPPY NEM DAY TO ALL

Or, if you can't do all that, you could just sit around shouting at the TV set ... :D

ilduce06410 said:
i've sent you private emil on this so we can get this off the board.
Cool, thanks. Who did you send me? Emil Post? Emil Fischer? No, leave it as a surprise... I'm psyched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back