Welcome to PatsFans.com

Happiest/Saddest moments watching politics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, May 30, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is not to say whether you still have the same ideology as you did when they happened or to argue whether your candidate was good or bad, right or wrong.

Ive just always been a political junkie, gotten very emotional through the years, and was curious about your memories,

My happiest moment: 11/3/92, the night Bill Clinton won. I thought he was my generations JFK ( in some ways i was right :) At 8:00 when all those states went for for Clinton and big bad Bush 41 was history I was euphoric.

My saddest moment: I was SO sure Kerry was going to pull it out. Everything I ever saw about politics was that if it was about tied going into the election the challenger always got most of the undecided. It wasnt that I loved Kerry, but I knew Bush was a disaster and i thought it was over.
    the next morning i was so depressed, and so angry at my fellow Christians for rushing out to polls to vote for Bush because of Gay marriage, when the hypocrites had never come out like that in the past over abortion. It made me sick.

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

your sadness was shared by many...

for me, in 04, as the result came clear....I turned up some music and drank the night away, knowing the worst was yet to come

3. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was my saddest.

That was my happiest.

4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,264 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

My saddest moment happens every time I realize there are people like yourself amongst us and that's why this country's going down the tubes. My happiest political moment has yet to occur, but I'm sure that the clock striking midnight on Bush's last day in office -- assuming we've all survived -- will come close.

Last edited: May 30, 2007