PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hanson > Sauerbrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

fillylabinga

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I've barely had any reason to think about punting all year, but I've been checking out the Denver/Chicago game and it is really astounding how bad Sauerbrun is kicking--he's had a punt blocked and he's been both punting and kicking directly to Hester who has 2 return TDs.

I remember being mildly disappointed when the Broncos got Sauerbrun from under our noses last year--especially since we were left with 2 unproven rookies. In retrospect, things couldn't have worked out better.

Sauerbrun has a monster leg, but he doesn't seem to have the direction or maybe the hang time to prevent big returns. Hanson doesn't have the power, but he seems to have great direction. Here's a stat--Hanson has a 40.9 average and a 39.9 net. Opponents are averaging 1 return yd per punt. In fact, only 3 punts have been returned all year.

One thing I wonder is whether BB really planned on going with one of the rookies or whether he thought all along that someone like Hanson was going to become available at the end of training camp. Seems like we lucked out either way.

1 yard average return. Wow. :rocker:

For obvious reasons, I haven't been bothering to track that ...

Thanks for bothering! :)

49ers have been terrible, but they should have two players in the Pro Bowl; Patrick Willis and Andy Lee.

Even with all of the punting he's had to do, Lee would be the top punter in the league in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes