PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hank Poteat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hank was good, terrific value and better than o'neal and a few others we've had, one of whom we gave up a third round pick for.

Hank was good, terrific value and better than o'neal and a few others we've had, one of whom we gave up a third round pick for.

I agree... nothing special, but better than a lot of other scrubs we've had back there in the BB era.

Not sure I'd say he was good, just a good value given that we got him for nothing and he came with zero expectations. JAG.

He played well against the Pats, glad he's out of the division.

Not a surprise at all that Mangini picked him up for Cleveland

It's a no risk signing for the Browns - a good move overall

I'm a bit shocked that with all their needs ManKok has done so little early on in free agency for the Browns. Of course after spending $140 million with the Jets last year, promising to name his son "Brett" to get Favre to join the team, that's probably a good thing for Cleveland fans.

Quality depth guys are often as important as big name signings anyways.

sad-smiley-8110.gif
LP1400-BW-2T.jpg
sad-smiley-345.gif

WTF are you guys talking about. I hate when I don't get the inside jokes.
Once upon a time, there was a thread full of preseason euphoria...and some grouchy fellow muttering into his keyboard about "bandwagon" fans. Amongst a lengthy list of negativity, it seems he objected to a signing, a certain "JAG" CB who oddly enough had been signed during the playoffs the season before (where he helped a plucky, injury riddled team of destiny battle their way through, and out the other end as the last team standing - ol' Hank made a couple sweeeeet plays against Hines Ward in the AFCC).

Some cheerfully optimistic, if not very bright fellow, opted to hop on the bandwagon with the rest, but only if he was allowed to play his Hank Poteat bongos. Ol' Hank made him proud for another couple of seasons and a small bongo ensemble grew up around the Hank Poteat mystique; eventually pulling even that grouchy fellow into a toe tapping, hip swiveling, finger snapping dance of delight during the bongo solo (though he never did appreciate the fiddlers or the spoon players).

One of the saddest days of my life...the day the bongos died...poor ol' Hank was let go and wound up infected with a nasty ganggreen fungus...he's still the plucky off the bench gunslinger he always was, and it even seems he's getting healthier - that nasty ganggreen fungus is turning a wilted brown.

Now aren't you glad you asked? :p

Ummm, maybe?

This must have been during one of my blackout periods.:eek:

Hey, we're all glad you're off the jamba juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down