PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hank Baskett

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm Ron Borges?

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hey, wasn't someone on Patriots.com yapping about this guy before the draft? Was it Casale? I just heard on ESPN News that he's been tearing up Eagles camp and he's starting at receiver tonight. I can't remember who it was but I know someone loved him and Oliver Hoyte before the draft and Baskett is starting and I read some place that Hoyte looks good with the Cowboys and neither guy was drafted. I remember reading about Baskett before the draft on how he loves to block thinking, "He sounds like a Patriots-type of player." I will be interested to see how he does in Philly. I just know I heard his name before the draft from someone who said to watch out for him.

Ther were several of us on the Hank Basett bandwagon as 5th to 7th rounder.

Let's see how he does when the bullets start flying for real.

What's odd about Baskett is that he was signed by Minnesota as an UDFA before being traded to Philly shortly after. That's unheard of.

Tom Casale was gushing about Oliver Hoyte in PFW. That's he's doing well in the 3-4 Dallas offense is a credit to Casale. If there's no room on the roster for him, maybe the Pats can pick up Hoyte on waivers if the Cowboys try putting him on the practice squad?

BTW, Casale was gushing about David Thomas too. :D

take it with a grain of salt. Reche Caldwell has had a great camp, doesn't mean I expect him know to go to the pro-bowl

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Hey, wasn't someone on Patriots.com yapping about this guy before the draft? Was it Casale? I just heard on ESPN News that he's been tearing up Eagles camp and he's starting at receiver tonight. I can't remember who it was but I know someone loved him and Oliver Hoyte before the draft and Baskett is starting and I read some place that Hoyte looks good with the Cowboys and neither guy was drafted. I remember reading about Baskett before the draft on how he loves to block thinking, "He sounds like a Patriots-type of player." I will be interested to see how he does in Philly. I just know I heard his name before the draft from someone who said to watch out for him.

Maybe teams will be kicking themselves they didn't pick Mincey, Roach and Pierre Woods. I hope. :D

Funny how fans of the team that drafted Chad Jackson would have Baskett envy. Trust me, in a year everyone will have Jackson envy and Baskett will be a small-time talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
rookBoston said:
Funny how fans of the team that drafted Chad Jackson would have Baskett envy. Trust me, in a year everyone will have Jackson envy and Baskett will be a small-time talent.

Take it easy. I never said the Patriots should have drafted anyone. I just remember hearing this guy's name before the draft and now he appears to be playing well. Hey, at least he's playing. You haven't seen Jackson do anything yet so as far as I'm concerned, he's nothing until he proves otherwise. To be honest, I did and still do think Jackson was one of the most overrated players in the draft. Maybe if he practices more than once every two weeks, he'll prove me wrong.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Take it easy. I never said the Patriots should have drafted anyone. I just remember hearing this guy's name before the draft and now he appears to be playing well. Hey, at least he's playing. You haven't seen Jackson do anything yet so as far as I'm concerned, he's nothing until he proves otherwise. To be honest, I did and still do think Jackson was one of the most overrated players in the draft. Maybe if he practices more than once every two weeks, he'll prove me wrong.

Unless they had a pre season game already, he hasn't "played" yet.

So he's starting. Philly needs receivers, why not give him a look?

If the pats still had their own 5th rounder, I would hope they would have jumped on Mike Hass. I do wish that they would be more aggressive at signing more UDFAs, however; especially given the relationships BB has built with the HCs of BC, ND, Fresno St., Virginia, Iowa and Florida.

captain stone said:
If the pats still had their own 5th rounder, I would hope they would have jumped on Mike Hass. I do wish that they would be more aggressive at signing more UDFAs, however; especially given the relationships BB has built with the HCs of BC, ND, Fresno St., Virginia, Iowa and Florida.
I keep trying to think positive about not taking Hass. After seeing him in the Shrine Game and at the Combine I'm still not fully recovered from the disappointment when they passed on him. Oh well, maybe he'll wind up on the free market and get another look here. I really thought he was a good fit for this offense.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I keep trying to think positive about not taking Hass. After seeing him in the Shrine Game and at the Combine I'm still not fully recovered from the disappointment when they passed on him. Oh well, maybe he'll wind up on the free market and get another look here. I really thought he was a good fit for this offense.

Since Hass was drafted by the LA, I mean NO, Aints, and his competition is Bethel Johnson, I'm afraid we won't be seeing him on the street anytime soon. Bethel, however...

captain stone said:
Since Hass was drafted by the LA, I mean NO, Aints, and his competition is Bethel Johnson, I'm afraid we won't be seeing him on the street anytime soon. Bethel, however...
Quit messing with my fantasies, let them die a natural death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back