Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hands up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Jan 3, 2012.

?

Can you produce your original birth certificate?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Who has their original birth certificate?
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I've got a photocopy - but not the stamped one. The hospital I was born in closed down in the 60s. The records went to another hospital. That hospital closed in the 80s. I had an original copy (with a seal) but that got lost many moons ago. No one knows where any of the hospital records ended up - or if they ended up anywhere. I tried to get a copy through the mail from Chicago but they don't send them by mail - and I'm not about to make a special trip to get one.

When my grandmother died they wanted her BC. Never did find one. She was born in Ireland and came over as an orphan and nothing was ever filed anywhere. My father had a certificate of home birth but the dates on it were different than he'd been told and it wasn't anything official - someone just went to the town where he was born and said, "Hey, look, we had a kid awhile back," and they said, "Oh, cool," and wrote something down and gave it to my grandmother and that was it. She saved everything - when she died, my dad saved everything. Thus, we found a certificate which didn't mean anything 76 years later. I still have it. Just in case. :)
  3. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

what?

I just had to get a copy sent from Massachusetts for a job application. Cost me a pretty penny too!
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

Boxer, I tried like hell to get an original when I started w/gubmit. Ended up with the "short form." I believe that had a raised seal on it anyhow. Their terminology was "abstract" of the birth certificate I believe, rather than "certificate of live birth". Something like that. Whatever they needed as documentation, I definitely provided it LOL... but it wasn't this "long form" or "original" or whatever nonsense everybody keeps jabbering about w/Obama.

I think this is another level of the birther thing: If you live in 1 or 2 houses your whole life, it sounds like "Who doesn't have their birth certificate? Why, mine is right downstairs in the safe along with the insurance policies and grandma's ring which I'll pass down to the next generation..."

In other words, for "more traditional households" of some (but not enormous) means, it rings true.

Now think about a guy like me - at one point I had moved something like 20 times in 15 years. That would provide all sorts of opportunities for paperwork issues. Now, I don't think that's why I ended up w/the kind of BC I got when I needed one... I don't think I ever had such a document. Who the hell knows why. I didn't control what they gave my parents when I was a newborn, or what they did w/it subsequently.

Eventually, Obama did produce his. To me that's more amazing than if he hadn't.

PFnV
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Chicago didn't accept my current ID due to numerous last name changes over the year. They wanted to see more and more documents tracing them throughout the years and I did not have them and was not about to go tracking them down and paying for them all.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 1 / -9

Why did he wait so long to show us anything, even a the crap he finally did show us would have been fine (back then)

:confused::confused: it could just be his "arrogant nature" or Michelles-----:singing:

who gives a sh!t, the way the country is headed it won't be long before somebody like Lady Ga Ga will run for president, AND WIN, look at the gang of clowns the republicans have come up with, the republicans will re-elect Obama just as the democrats elected Bush, twice.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Have my original:
    birth certificate
    social security card
    drivers education card
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

hoarder :)
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

[​IMG]

"Right over there, Orly, knock yourself out."
  10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I actually have mine and Harry's...I can't seem to find Herman Cain's anywhere...
  11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

The Cain Train will keep rolling with or without one.

One, by enacting my nine. nine. nine. plan. When you have a sound basis for fiscal policy, you will have a fiscal basis for sound.

Now, if I may sing a song about the song Amazing Grace to the tune of Danny Boy...
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -13

Had a hard time making up your mind?;)
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

Add an S and it's plural.

Add a husband on the same bulletin board, and it's possessive.

:scream:

She's gonna run off w/the guitarist from Styx anyway :p

PFnV