PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haloti Ngata suspended for 4 games

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
Ravens announced Haloti Ngata suspended by NFL for next four games for violating its performance enhancing substances policy.

Big deal considering the logjam that's currently the AFC wildcard situation. Baltimore is currently in an EIGHT team race for those two spots. Losing possibly their best defensive player for the remainder of the stretch is brutal.

And don't believe him when he says it's Adderall.

Remember, the NFL does not say what the offending substance is, so players will lie and say it was the most benign banned substance.

Yep that's what he is blaming it on.

considering the every team in the NFC north was within a game of winning the division, losing their best defensive player for the rest of the regular season is a huge blow

Remember, the NFL does not say what the offending substance is, so players will lie and say it was the most benign banned substance.

Ngata has been in the league for 9 years, and I don't recall there every being an issue of any kind with him. Love the player, but happy to see the Dirty Birds at more of a disadvantage.

I WAS rooting for Cleveland here but not with Johnny Football at QB, not that they'll win with him anyhow. I really hate all the teams in that division other than Cleveland. Cinci would be our weakest opponent with numbnuts at both HC and QB.

this is just a misunderstanding. he took something harmless and didn't realize it was on the banned substance list...
How the heck did they catch Ngata but they weren't able to catch Ray Ray or Suggs???

They got Ray his good bye Super Bowl, so now they can start drug testing his teammates again. Standard NFL procedure.

I WAS rooting for Cleveland here but not with Johnny Football at QB, not that they'll win with him anyhow. I really hate all the teams in that division other than Cleveland. Cinci would be our weakest opponent with numbnuts at both HC and QB.

The browns said they are starting hoyer

Busted for PEDs? Explains his return to form the the first time in half a decade...

The term numbnuts just hot me just right! I am in a meeting and not really paying attention!

The rules about that have changed a bit this year. The NFL can dispute a players claim now(they couldn't before). But of course, that does not mean that the NFL will actually do that even if the player is lying. It just mean that they could if they wanted to.

Big deal considering the logjam that's currently the AFC wildcard situation. Baltimore is currently in an EIGHT team race for those two spots. Losing possibly their best defensive player for the remainder of the stretch is brutal.

I don't think the Ravens are going to make it anyway. The loss to SD killed them.

That sucks.I was hoping they beat miami this week but that looks even harder now.

If a player lies, the NFL can issue a statement correcting what they are suspended for.

EDIT: @Marinlik beat me to it.

Yeah, I laughed when I read his statement. I don't even care that he was taking PEDs, since I'm willing to bet that a huge portion of the league does, but immediately jumping to Adderall is a pretty transparent lie.

Apparently having ADHD is basically a prerequisite for being a hard-hitting football player. Go figure.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back