PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Halloran contemplates Brady retiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people are so naive. You can just tell Brady's heart is just not in the game anymore, and it irritates the hell out of me. He is too obsessed with his girlfriend and family to really care that much about football anymore.

The definition of naive is relying on celebrity gossip magazines for insight into the celebrity mind. Unless you are Tom's little brother or blessed with ESP, I wouldn't go claiming to have direct insight into his brain and call other opinions naive. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your post is sarcastic, not serious.

If you search his past statements, you will find that he expressly stated he did not spend as much time training here in the offseason because he wanted to spend time with him family (including a kid, which might be a minor change in the life of the average human being - and that kid does not reside in MA). You lose the parking spot because you do not train at the stadium, not because you let yourself go. Nobody claimed that was the case with Brady.

He has a supermodel girlfriend and spends time with her in the offseason. He spends time with his kid. What the heck is he thinking when he could otherwise spend the offseason by himself in MA? You are right. A complete lack of commitment to the cause.

You people are so naive. You can just tell Brady's heart is just not in the game anymore, and it irritates the hell out of me. He is too obsessed with his girlfriend and family to really care that much about football anymore. Do you honestly think five years ago he would have been doing what he was doing with that boot in New York? I know it sucks but he just doesn't care as much as he used to. Look at the fact he lost his parking spot for no longer being the hardest worker. I would not be surprised if he doesn't come back next year.

Goodness. Your wrong about that, dead wrong.

I know for a fact that he was very much looking forward to the season this year and was looking forward to playing with Randy again in 2008. He was as excited about 2008 as he has been about any season before - The difference was he knew what he had this year.

The Off season comment is speculative and you don't know all the facts about his workout regime in the off season to really comment on it - All you are doing is looking at what was on TMZ and creating your own reality based on biased self absorbed celebrity/paparazzi media reports.

Devastating but considering some of the recent devastating moments in Pats history I wouldn't be surprised.

Brady's responses seem to indicate a deeper sense of introspection than you get from your typical baller. Something like: "I love the game. I'm not done yet by a longshot...and I am looking forward to getting back after last year..."

I guarantee you ask Brady those same questions in 2002, and the answer is completely different than 2008. Bottom line, he has done enough already to get into the HOF and retire his family for life three times over. With a child, a woman in his life that probably wants a family and kids, and an injury to battle back from, and a pile of cash, why is it sacreligious to suggest be could hang it up?

Brady has always maintained that family comes first, and now that his family grows, yes, that is going to make his family that much more important.

I just don't get why people find his comments or his feelings earth shattering.

Does anyone here consider their job a higher priority than their family? No. I don't think you will find a single human being who would say that, if they are, then they have issues. Yet, people still go to work every day and do what they do.

Tom Brady is no different. He's a human being, who happens to play football for the New England Patriots, and who happens to date a supermodel. That's it. His decision making will be no different than you or I when contemplating his priorities, and like us, Tom will continue doing his job - one he loves by the way - as long as he sees fit, since he is able to have a life and play football.

You people are so naive. You can just tell Brady's heart is just not in the game anymore, and it irritates the hell out of me. He is too obsessed with his girlfriend and family to really care that much about football anymore. Do you honestly think five years ago he would have been doing what he was doing with that boot in New York? I know it sucks but he just doesn't care as much as he used to. Look at the fact he lost his parking spot for no longer being the hardest worker. I would not be surprised if he doesn't come back next year.

Well, good thing you're hear to set us straight. :D

Wow. This guy really has too much time on his hands. Gives merit to the saying..."Idle minds are simple minds."

Last edited:
Brady has always maintained that family comes first, and now that his family grows, yes, that is going to make his family that much more important.

I just don't get why people find his comments or his feelings earth shattering.

Does anyone here consider their job a higher priority than their family? No. I don't think you will find a single human being who would say that, if they are, then they have issues. Yet, people still go to work every day and do what they do.

Tom Brady is no different. He's a human being, who happens to play football for the New England Patriots, and who happens to date a supermodel. That's it. His decision making will be no different than you or I when contemplating his priorities, and like us, Tom will continue doing his job - one he loves by the way - as long as he sees fit, since he is able to have a life and play football.

Only difference is he can stop working and not worry about it...my guess is you couldn't (no offense).

I agree completely. Didn't Reiss have a quote earlier this year where Brady was saying he wanted to play until he was 37 or 38? Tom Brady is one of the most competitive players in any sport I've ever seen. Barring leg amputation or something, I'd be shocked if I didn't see Tom out there on the field playing his ass off as soon as he possibly can.

I guess it was a slow day at the Metro...

Kurt Warner is on pace to throw for 4700+ yards and he's 37. Brady is going to want to play a nice, long time.

Given your track record...

I hate to say this but it is the simply the truth: I hope Moss is not on this team next year. I was his biggest supporter throughtout the whole season. I was estacic when we got him that morning in April. I was wrong about him. What he was saying last night, it really hurt me. He started blaming the coaches and said the Giants had the better gameplan. It was true but you dont throw your coaches under the bus like that. They were the only ones to give you a chance after all the times you have let down your team. This trend has happened this past season as well. First, he puts himself in that situation with that girl. Whether he did it or not, he should not be around those people. Second, he didnt even celebrate with the team after the AFCCG; he just ran off the field.

I dont want him back.

He will probably chase the money. Last night he said the show will go on even if he is not on the Patriots next year. That told me alot right there.

Goodbye Randy, dont let the door hit you

Your judgement and read on these players is about as off base as it gets.

sounds like some wishfulll thinking to me.

You know what would settle all this, is for Tom Brady to do a sit down interview with some one.. Say how he is , how he is feeling, instead of all this speculation...

are you guys serious. earlier this year brady said he wanted to play 10 more years. with this injury, i bet he changed his mind. now he probably wants to play 15 more years because he is realizing how much he misses the game. coming back from injury only motivates players to be better than what they were before. Also, Brady loves to prove his nay-sayers wrong. i bet he has that nutty little kid spark back when he returns. im loving this season, but am loving more the prospect that brady is 8 weeks closer to returning. go pats.

In the past, present and future whenever I read an article not worth mentioning I simply say next, indicating it is not worth any effort or attention

ergo....

NEXT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back