PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall to Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Profootballtalk just reported it, they got it through Schefter. Sry cant post a link.... so much 4 that .

Not exactly going to cry over it. Might have helped, might have hurt. Seems like a Redskins type of acquisition.

Dan Snyder still going strong.

What? I thought the Redskins had a "proud secondary of all first round draft picks"?

What do they need a corner for?

According to a source, Hall agreed to a one-year deal that is worth $492,000 for the remainder of the season.

for only 492,000?? they got a deal

According to a source, Hall agreed to a one-year deal that is worth $492,000 for the remainder of the season.

for only 492,000?? they got a deal

Kinda have to assume he got the same offer and from a couple teams and picked or the Pats didn't even try.

I never really thought the Pats would get him. Hall did say this summer that Dimitroff told him he wasn't a Patriots type of player and Hall said he responded that he didn't want to play for the Patriots. So whether the Patriots interest was real or not, he probably wasn't going to be all that interested in coming to the Patriots.

Also working against the Pats was it was pretty clear that the Pats would never make any promises about a new long term deal which aparently the Redskins have if things work out. I am sure that the Pats would not commit the type of years and money that Daniel Snyder would off of a half year on the team and not acting out in any way.

Maybe the Redskins will release Shawn Springs as rumored. Not that he is close to what he was, but he might be an upgrade at least as a back up.

I clicked on this thread because I was wondering why a thread about the great Redskins theme song was doing on the Pats board.

I clicked on this thread because I was wondering why a thread about the great Redskins theme song was doing on the Pats board.

LOL! Is it really that great? Really?!?

It's a good song I think. It's unique if nothing else. I like it.

I like the Redskins. Hopefully he can help them out.

Not exactly going to cry over it. Might have helped, might have hurt. Seems like a Redskins type of acquisition.

For 400 grand thats a deal you make. After Randy we cant say crap about good players in bad situations. Randy was the worse than hall, and he turned out fine in a better situ.

Last edited:
For 400 grand thats a deal you make. After Randy we cant say crap about good players in bad situations. Randy was the worse than hall, and he turned out fine in a better situ.

You don't know what the issues were with Hall or where he was at in confronting them. The guy who flipped him for a 2nd and a 5th was the former head of our scouting department who determined DeAngelo was not going to cut it (nor did he care to) in the defacto Patriots system he was installing in Atlanta. Randy was a rare talent on the cusp of 30 and watching a HOF career fizzle. He literally begged Bill to save him. This kid could be a flash in the pan talent who will never achieve his potential. And he doesn't sound like his circumstances bother him all that much...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back