PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall Davis Louisiana-Lafayette

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Anyone seen him play? Kiper mentioned him as one of his defensive sleepers and he has ideal Pats measurables for the OLB position. Davis is listed at 6'5and 272lbs on NFL Draft Scout and Kiper expects him to run between 4.5-4.6.

02/01/10 - Hall Davis plans to make some history for UL's football program this time next month. Davis is set to become the first former Ragin' Cajuns defensive end from the Rickey Bustle era to compete in the NFL Scouting Combine. The Port Allen native previously agreed to play in the 4th Annual Texas vs. the Nation all-star bowl on Feb. 6 but turned down that invitation after getting picked for the Combine, which is Feb. 24-March 2 in Indianapolis. A week ago, Davis received a late offer to participate in the Senior Bowl but declined the opportunity to heal up a sore hamstring and continue training for the Combine. He is also set to perform for NFL scouts on UL's Pro Day in March. "It's a great honor to be invited to the Combine and a tribute to how hard I've worked," said Davis, who finished his college career last fall. "I'm definitely happy for the opportunity." As a senior, Davis tied for the team lead with 3.0 sacks and added 22 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries for the Cajuns in 2009. One of the more impressive numbers is that the 6-foot-5, 270-pounder put on 50 pounds since arriving as a lanky true freshman in 2005. - Joshua Parrott, The Advertiser via NFL Draft Scout

Turned down the Senior Bowl and Texas v. The Nation...there is mention of a hamstring, but I've got a caution flag up over his thinking. Guy played DE/WR/S in high school, that's an interesting background.

Anyone seen him play? Kiper mentioned him as one of his defensive sleepers and he has ideal Pats measurables for the OLB position. Davis is listed at 6'5and 272lbs on NFL Draft Scout and Kiper expects him to run between 4.5-4.6.

Interesting measurables. He needs more looking into for sure. A 4.5 at 270 pounds is great for our defense, provided he has the courage to set a hard edge and has some wiggle in space.

Turned down the Senior Bowl and Texas v. The Nation...there is mention of a hamstring, but I've got a caution flag up over his thinking. Guy played DE/WR/S in high school, that's an interesting background.

That's very worrisome to me, unless he was actually injured. This kind of kid needs every chance to show how he can play against good competition that he can get. He could be a find, or another Vince Redd physical specimen who's head isn't screwed on straight.

As a senior, Davis tied for the team lead with 3.0 sacks and added 22 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and two quarterback hurries for the Cajuns in 2009Turned down the Senior Bowl and Texas v. The Nation...there is mention of a hamstring, but I've got a caution flag up over his thinking. Guy played DE/WR/S in high school, that's an interesting background.

I know stats do not tell the whole story, but playing in the Sun Belt, 22 tackles and 4.5 TFLs with 2 QB hurries and 3 sacks is pretty pedestrian. Tied for 11th on the team in tackles. Physical specimen or not, the Pats have long valued college production. While production does not always translate into stats, I have to be a little leery of a guy who does not appear to even be one of the best defenders on the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette. He is a specimen, but he should have gone to the Senior Bowl unless his injury was debilitating. 6th round to UFA just looking at the sum of information provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back