PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Half of all 2009 5th rounders gone from rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
And after reading today's posts in the main forum, I was sure that the Pats were the only team where every 5th round draft pick (and later) was not a starter by now ...

How about the Bears' 2009 draft? They had no 1st or 2nd-round picks, and have already cut BOTH of their 3rd-rounders.

And after reading today's posts in the main forum, I was sure that the Pats were the only team where every 5th round draft pick (and later) was not a starter by now ...

I see pretty much the same sentiment every where. Because perspective is hard work.

The Patriots have certainly nailed some of their late round picks over the years... Brady, samuel, Gostkowski, Banta-Cain, Edelman, Cassel, Koppen and others who will most likley have an impact over the years, Mesko, Hernandez, Pryor. It seems that the Patriots have done fairly well in the later rounds of the draft.

The Patriots have certainly nailed some of their late round picks over the years... Brady, samuel, Gostkowski, Banta-Cain, Edelman, Cassel, Koppen and others who will most likley have an impact over the years, Mesko, Hernandez, Pryor. It seems that the Patriots have done fairly well in the later rounds of the draft.

Well, if you added up every teams drafts, it's probably not significantly better than other consistently successful teams of this era, and nowhere near as bad as most of the perennial bottom feeders. You wouldn't think so, though, to read the comments of self-proclaimed die-hard fans on other boards.

Seems like very few ever bother to do even minimal research anymore before shouting an opinion. Sorta like talk-radio.

The Zoltan has yet to punt in an NFL regular-season game. And when he's had the chance to boom kicks from deep in his own territory, he's come up shorter than I expected. So let's not fit him for a bust in Canton just yet.

For the record, I would've drafted BC C Matt Tennant at 150, and hoped that the Zoltan would've been avail. at 205.

As Bill himself likes to say, I don't care about the 31 other teams.

The Zoltan has yet to punt in an NFL regular-season game. And when he's had the chance to boom kicks from deep in his own territory, he's come up shorter than I expected. So let's not fit him for a bust in Canton just yet.

For the record, I would've drafted BC C Matt Tennant at 150, and hoped that the Zoltan would've been avail. at 205.

Thank God BB didn't agree, because Zoltan would not have been around at 205.

Zoltan will now accept your apology.........
He has also been exceptional at holding, in the Miami game he brought down 3 bad snaps in a row..

Once again, BB knew what he has doing, "he was the best punter in the draft"-BB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots