PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Half a stinker is better than one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
3 giveaways in the second half. That's reminiscent of bad old times.

However, it was after an outstanding half, and anyhow the defense remained outstandingly stout. That was about as good as a defense can play without generating turnovers.

It's not often you win by 21 despite being -4 on takeaways.

This is a "teflon" win for the Pats. They won by 21 and allowed 7, so they were both dominant and merciful - just the way everyone wants NE. Nobody will talk about how the offense actually tried (and failed) to get points in the 2nd half.

3 giveaways in the second half. That's reminiscent of bad old times.

However, it was after an outstanding half, and anyhow the defense remained outstandingly stout. That was about as good as a defense can play without generating turnovers.

It's not often you win by 21 despite being -4 on takeaways.

I agree with you....I am ecstatic in the win....first team in the history of the NFL to go 15-0 in the regular season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And....I get it that this was the lowly doofins.......and from everything that I have read on here thus far.....that is WHY we did NOTHING in the second half.....because it was against a team that had NO way of beating us.......That having been said, I hope it doesn't happen again this year.....We need FOUR solid quarters of football......Anyways.....Congrats to the Pats for a great, great win......and going 15-0 in the FA age....which is extremely difficult and will probably NEVER be repeated,......GO PATS!

The offense did play pretty poorly in the 2nd half. Maybe they were on cruise control after going up 28-0. They really need to play more consistently for the playoffs, but I'm sure BB will prep them.

I don't think it was cruise control as much as it was Brady throwing deep to Moss, even if others were open and game playing for a TD stat.

It looks like one half of Patriots level offense is enough to take out a team like the Fins. The Pats need to remind themselves that it is a 60 minute game however. The thing that made this offense great was its consistency.

The Giants will be the final tuneup game before the playoffs. Let's hope to see a the Pats pull of a real SUSTAINED scoring outburst.

3 giveaways in the second half. That's reminiscent of bad old .

I didn't see the game but it seems impossible for a team to keep an edge with a lead like that. It's not like this is their first game trying to keep their edge with a big lead. It's a let down if you ask me. It's completely understandable, but probably not acceptable to the coach.

I'll accept it as a common let down. Don't confuse this type of let down with what they'll do in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back