PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hakeem Nicks: Sprained AC Joint (Shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens everywhere.....I had to stop wearing a knee brace purely because teams would see it and hit me deliberately on that knee when I dropped back...when I ran they just dive at my legs.

If there's a player that can cause you problems and you can hurt him, you do it. It's naive to believe the Pats don't.

You're right to a degree. But I read somewhere that the Giants also talked about Kyle Williams concussion history in their scouting report.

You're right to a degree. But I read somewhere that the Giants also talked about Kyle Williams concussion history in their scouting report.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Why wouldn't you target his head? If he's a ball carrier it's perfectly legal and it might knock a threat out of the game.

It's just the way things are...I'd be stunned if the Pats didn't do the same.

Personally, I am not thinking that either player will be that limited, as we saw them play through the entire postseason etc. I know that Nicks' injury happened last week and everything, but he seemed to be pretty fine to the normal eye.

There's always reason to hope they are limited of course, but as of right now I am not seeing much reason to think they'll be too banged up.

Oh well, I'll have to change my prediction.

Pats 52 Giants 3

/jk :rolleyes:

Nicks may have a problem catching balls next week, at least ones that are thrown over his head where he has to reach up to grab them. So call Nicks' injury and Gronkowski injury a wash. That may help the patriots a little bit more because our DBs only have to worry about Manningham, Cruz and Ballard and to a lesser extent Nicks. Whereas even without Gronk we still have Welker, Hernandez and Brannch on offense. We've won super bowls before with receivers no where near this caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back