Hairston cut/Stallworth to Active/PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hairston Cut/Stallworth to PUP

Interesting.

2 more cuts still have to be made.

86 total - 3 NFLE - 1 A$ante = 82.

Surprising on Hairston, I thought he had a chance. I guess Central Connecticut was just a little too big of a leap for him straight to the NFL. Imagine what that was like.. One practice and cut. Ouch. Anyone think it's possible if Stallworth can't get healthy he gets cut too? I'd take a healthy Jabbar and/or Caldwell over an in and out the lineup Stallworth. Especially with Moss around to stretch the field a bit...

Surprising on Hairston, I thought he had a chance. I guess Central Connecticut was just a little too big of a leap for him straight to the NFL. Imagine what that was like.. One practice and cut. Ouch. Anyone think it's possible if Stallworth can't get healthy he gets cut too? I'd take a healthy Jabbar and/or Caldwell over an in and out the lineup Stallworth. Especially with Moss around to stretch the field a bit...

Hairston was already on the PUP, so he didn't practice today.

its only day 1, but Stallworth is a lock to be in the starting line up.. Stallworth will be fine.. Im not too worried about Donte Stallworth..

He was on PUP and plus its not like we need a RB...we're probably comfortable with Maroney-Faulk-Morris.

If the Jets don't snap him up, Hairston is most likely heading for the shadow roster.

When I first read the thread title, I thought I saw "Harrison cut." My heart nearly fell out of my chest.

Unless another RB is signed, we are dangerously thin at the position.

Does anyone know if this release was injury-related, and if it was, when did this injury occur?

We need more RBs for TC, and less WRs. Right now.

anyone think Hairston failed the conditioning test......put on pup and failed it again today?

BB is known for cutting rooks,who come in out of shape.

Boy, it sure looks like Hairston failed the conditioning run - in which case, just a TERRIBLE job for a guy with a long-shot chance at even cracking the P.S. You don't need to be NFL-caliber to pass the conditioning test, just be in proper shape.

Tom Casale said something about Hairston irked him in minicamp. According to Casale, he didn't look like he was making the most of the opportunity given to him.

Hairston probably showed up out of shape. If so, better off with a UDFA.

If the Jets don't snap him up, Hairston is most likely heading for the shadow roster.

I don't see him on any unofficial shadow roster since he was cut so early.

Last edited:

Boy, it sure looks like Hairston failed the conditioning run - in which case, just a TERRIBLE job for a guy with a long-shot chance at even cracking the P.S. You don't need to be NFL-caliber to pass the conditioning test, just be in proper shape.
He was doing workouts with Tebucky Jones to prepare himself for the NFL. Tebucky may not be a Patsfans' favorite, but I think he'd set the kid a good example in this regard. I'd be a little surprised if any conditioning run failure (assuming he did get to run) wasn't injury related.

BB has to cut somewhere, a late-round draft pick on PUP (giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's injury vice performance related) is a natural cut.

When I first read the thread title, I thought I saw "Harrison cut." My heart nearly fell out of my chest.

Me too!

I felt a slight dry heave comming on!

Tom Casale said something about Hairston irked him in minicamp. According to Casale, he didn't look like he was making the most of the opportunity given to him.

Which identity did Tom use to float that baby out there?

Identifying rookies that don't meet his exacting criteria is a Casale specialty. Its too bad there were no journalism mentors in Tom's past that had equally unforgiving standards.

believe me, that if the Pats decide they need ANOTHER RB they can get him a better choice off of a dozen teams cuts. RB is perhaps the most replaceable player on a good football team. You can get one in September and withing a few weeks he could be up a running. Heath Evans is a good example. No tears for Hairston. No worries about the Pats running attack.

Don't forget we won 2 superbowls, with far worse teams, and had Atwain Smith at RB. We are a lot deeper and better at RB right now, than what we worked with in 2001 and 2002

Unless another RB is signed, we are dangerously thin at the position.

Does anyone know if this release was injury-related, and if it was, when did this injury occur?

We need more RBs for TC, and less WRs. Right now.

Dangerously thin at RB? What team are you looking at. We pretty much already have our RB roster decided as it is. Maroney-Faulk-Morris-Evans. There isn't much room for another player to get in there. I feel pretty comfortable with it the way it is. Each player has his role. We aren't one of these teams that needs a Pro Bowl running back. As long as the running game at least compliments the passing game, then it will be fine. Maroney could give us more than that if he is as good as I think he will be.

Dangerously thin at RB? What team are you looking at. We pretty much already have our RB roster decided as it is. Maroney-Faulk-Morris-Evans. There isn't much room for another player to get in there. I feel pretty comfortable with it the way it is. Each player has his role. We aren't one of these teams that needs a Pro Bowl running back. As long as the running game at least compliments the passing game, then it will be fine. Maroney could give us more than that if he is as good as I think he will be.
I think for training camp it is thin..One may have a roster all set, but if there is an injury..it will show VERY quick. AND I also think the team is looking for a young RB for the future..more a short yardage player...a 3rd down back to be mentored by Faulk. It's a large disappointment to me..and the team. I would veenture to guess it's an attitude thing in some way..which could be conditioning related. IT DOES open up the door for Smith and Hill as well as Mills..and it could lead to a signing of another player. A 5th RB spot as well as he was a possible and one with an inside track, being a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes