PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hail to the Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They played with thr flu and cramps. They were on the field for 20 minutes straight. They were flat out unbelievable in the first half, and reasonably well in the second.

We played with Eric Alexander and Baker playing major roles and doing OK.

Sure, they gave up a lot of points in the second half. But they need the offense to give them some rest.

They were on the field that long because they couldn't get a stop. When an offense scores 27 points and allows no points off turnovers, then the defense is to blame for the loss. The defense was HORRENDOUS and deserves to be hailed only if you have some weird appreciation for defenses that give up 32 points in a half.

They were on the field that long because they couldn't get a stop. When an offense scores 27 points and allows no points off turnovers, then the defense is to blame for the loss. The defense was HORRENDOUS and deserves to be hailed only if you have some weird appreciation for defenses that give up 32 points in a half.

I don't know what game you were watching, or what makes you believe we can go 3 or 4 deep at safety and 2 or 3 deep at LB and still prevent over-the-top passes from a damn good QB. These are men, not steroid monkeys. They needed IVs and a seven minute drive, which the offense could not give them. Even our scores in the second half were short-field scores. It was a valiant effort, and true fans know it. Enjoy this season and memorable playoff run. One day, we will realize just how spoiled we have become.

They played with thr flu and cramps. They were on the field for 20 minutes straight. They were flat out unbelievable in the first half, and reasonably well in the second.

We played with Eric Alexander and Baker playing major roles and doing OK.

Sure, they gave up a lot of points in the second half. But they need the offense to give them some rest.

On Hobbs' 80 yard return giving the Pats a real short field, the first thing out of my mouth was, "crap, the D could really have used some rest." It was patchwork all across the board.

Last edited:
In addition to the various problems discussed, this was our 4th road game in 5 weeks. Not an excuse, just a fact, that was probably a piece of the problem especially with such a tough game/long trip last week.

In a couple months, posters will dissect the offensive performance. NEM is absolutely right. The offense didn't have to do well to win. They only needed to hold the ball once in awhile. The defense was beat up, on IV's, absolutely spent. The offense needed to give them a break. Playing for three and expecting the defense to hold Manning was unbelievable. Did josh even look at the defense?

And which offense did you want with 1:06 left in the game, down four at their own 20? If the colts had the ball, I would have expected to lose yesterday. In the past, if we had the ball, I would have expected us to win. And I would have expected to stop the colts.

Sadly, when Brady got the ball, I expected us to win. Brady had done it so many times. But no. The offense did just what we did for the rest of the half.

That run on 3rd and 4 was a tough call. I can see the people who hated it but it kept the clock going (or forced an Indy TO I forget) and got us closer for a FG. If it were already a 32 yard kick it would have been a little diffenet. I'm not saying I love the call but after some of the drops I can certainly see it. Get the lead, big kickoff.

On Hobbs' 80 yard return giving the Pats a real short field, the first thing out of my mouth was, "crap, the D could really have used some rest." It was patchwork all across the board.

I thought the same thing, we needed a sustained drive desperately in the 2nd half from the offense.

Pass Pass Pass....it seems there is only one way with this guy McDaniels. Hello? Couyld we try to run a little more against one of the worst run defenses in the history of the NFL or should we just give up??

Pathetic play calling. Please go to Oakland...

In a couple months, posters will dissect the offensive performance. NEM is absolutely right. The offense didn't have to do well to win. They only needed to hold the ball once in awhile. The defense was beat up, on IV's, absolutely spent. The offense needed to give them a break. Playing for three and expecting the defense to hold Manning was unbelievable. Did josh even look at the defense?

And which offense did you want with 1:06 left in the game, down four at their own 20? If the colts had the ball, I would have expected to lose yesterday. In the past, if we had the ball, I would have expected us to win. And I would have expected to stop the colts.

Sadly, when Brady got the ball, I expected us to win. Brady had done it so many times. But no. The offense did just what we did for the rest of the half.

They just ran out of time. The offense came on the field with less than a minute and 80 yards to cover. A FG yes, but a TD was a longshot.

I'm with PF1996 on this one. The offense didn't even see the field until halfway through the 3rd quarter. Do you blame McDaniels for that? The defense was cooked because THEY could not get off the field. And that really started with the long drive to end the first half. Whatever the excuse, we had the Colts right where we wanted them, in a 21-3 hole, and could not stop Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes