PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

haha...matt chatham killin' it on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

Lewis isn't so good that if he's in it I gotta watch it.

But he is Light Years better than that @$$Clown, Keanu Reeves.
I mean yeah but you're being kinda harsh on the guy. He seems like a decent guy it's not like he walks around like he's some great actor. He is what he is

You've got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

Lewis isn't so good that if he's in it I gotta watch it.

But he is Light Years better than that @$$Clown, Keanu Reeves.

Lots of theater trained actors tend to overact in film and television. This is Lewis's biggest problem. Let's be honest, he was super hammy in the Crucible and Gangs of New York. I can't comment on his performance in Lincoln because I can't stay awake when I try to watch it.

Lots of theater trained actors tend to overact in film and television. This is Lewis's biggest problem. Let's be honest, he was super hammy in the Crucible and Gangs of New York. I can't comment on his performance in Lincoln because I can't stay awake when I try to watch it.

I expect Lewis to play Reaves in his bio pic DUDE, WHAT'S UP?

Felger and Mazz have their junk wrapped around their insistence that the texts are definitive
Yes. Also that Brady is hiding something by not handing over his phone, and that if the matter goes to court evidence exists implicating BB. Those two are so full of crap.

You couldn't stay awake watching "Lincoln"? I was riveted.

We're stepped out upon the world stage now, now, with the fate of human dignity in our hands. Blood's been spilled to afford us this moment! Now! Now! Now! And you grouse so and heckle and dodge about like pettifogging Tammany Hall hucksters! See what is before you! see the here and now! That's the hardest thing, the only thing that counts! Abolishing slavery by constitutional provision settles the fate for all coming time. Not only of the millions now in bondage, but of unborn millions to come. Two votes stand in its way. These votes must be procured.
I am the President of the United States of America, clothed with IMMENSE POWER, you will procure me these votes.

Find a great actor who doesn't occasionally chew up the scenery, and you'll have found a unicorn.

I can't understand why anyone here listens to Boston sports talk radio at all, regardless of station. Talk radio is inherently stupid as ****, and somehow sports talk radio manages to be even worse because the talking heads are even dumber than usual.

Just listen to some podcasts instead. You won't be supporting these assclowns, you'll enjoy it more, and you might actually learn stuff.

Great suggestion! Do you have any podcasts you'd recommend?

Stop listening to Felger and Mazz. It's that simple. Almost everyone says they don't listen to them. Looking at the ratings, it's obvious that almost everyone is lying.

If you need a Mazz fix, he does a baseball show from 6-7 during the season.

It was a gradual decline for me and finally pulled the plug after the super bowl, especially when I saw how genuinely disappointed he was live on the air minutes after the Pats won the SB

Haven't listened to them since and don't plan on ever tuning into 98.5 while those 2 clowns are on the air

Next season will be the test, it's easy to avoid them in the offseason but on confident I won't ever turn them back on because they really are pathetic and their act is old

Not to defend the indefensible, but Reeves is what he is. Very limited actor who lands great roles and is capable of delivering competent but uninspiring performances. He generally puts in a good (not great) performance in action-adventures and comedies- e.g. Speed, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, 47 Ronin, and of course the Matrix.

Indeed. For a guy who's not much of an actor, he's been in a lot of quality/successful movies. His filmography is quite impressive, IMO.

It was a gradual decline for me and finally pulled the plug after the super bowl, especially when I saw how genuinely disappointed he was live on the air minutes after the Pats won the SB

Haven't listened to them since and don't plan on ever tuning into 98.5 while those 2 clowns are on the air

Next season will be the test, it's easy to avoid them in the offseason but on confident I won't ever turn them back on because they really are pathetic and their act is old

I gave up on Felger years ago, his Borges act is really lame.

Great suggestion! Do you have any podcasts you'd recommend?

In-season, I recommend the Grantland NFL Podcast. IMO, it's by far the best football podcast out there. And FWIW, they spoke briefly about Deflategate when it broke, agreed that it was a ridiculous non-story, then agreed not to speak of it again. Between the Super Bowl and TC, though, they pretty much shut down shop, only emerging for some podcasts around the start of FA and the draft. So this is pretty much their offseason. I'm fine with that, though, since I'm not really looking to listen to people fill time when there's no Patriots/football news to speak of anyway.

For Patriots-specific info, PFW in Progress is pretty decent. I don't love it, but at a bare minimum it's better than the crap that WEEI and 98.5 put out on the airwaves. The Around the NFL podcast is also okay sometimes, though I'm not personally a fan. There's also the Dave Dameshek Football Podcast, which I do like. He can kind of grate on you after a while, so I don't catch all of his podcasts, but when I'm in the right mood I do enjoy them. Ross Tucker also has a podcast that can be pretty good, considering that he's a former player and pretty articulate guy.

Once Bill Simmons resurfaces, his podcast (dunno if it will still be called the BS Report) is generally really good. Granted, his focus is divided among a bunch of stuff (his and Zach Lowe's NBA podcasts are in a lot of ways what got me back into the NBA), but during the NFL season he has a lot of football content. Given that he's gone from ESPN now, I don't know how that will affect his podcasts going forward. If it means no more Cousin Sal, that would be a bummer.

If you're looking to kinda slowly come down from the traditional talk radio format, Dan Patrick's podcast is okay. I listen to it from time to time, but don't really like it. I've always hated the sports talk radio format, though, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. I basically dislike it because it sounds like something that you might hear on WEEI. Unlike the clowns in Boston, though, he isn't outright trolling his audience, so that's worth something.

Indeed. For a guy who's not much of an actor, he's been in a lot of quality/successful movies. His filmography is quite impressive, IMO.

He's also by all accounts an extremely good guy. Makes it really easy to root for him, pretty much everyone on every set that he's worked on agrees that he's a genuinely really good person, and not at all a typical movie star.

In-season, I recommend the Grantland NFL Podcast. IMO, it's by far the best football podcast out there. And FWIW, they spoke briefly about Deflategate when it broke, agreed that it was a ridiculous non-story, then agreed not to speak of it again. Between the Super Bowl and TC, though, they pretty much shut down shop, only emerging for some podcasts around the start of FA and the draft. So this is pretty much their offseason.

For Patriots-specific info, PFW in Progress is pretty decent. I don't love it, but at a bare minimum it's better than the crap that WEEI and 98.5 put out on the airwaves. The Around the NFL podcast is also okay sometimes, though I'm not personally a fan. There's also the Dave Dameshek Football Podcast, which I do like. He can kind of grate on you after a while, so I don't catch all of his podcasts, but when I'm in the right mood I do enjoy them. Ross Tucker also has a podcast that can be pretty good, considering that he's a former player and pretty articulate guy.

Once Bill Simmons resurfaces, his podcast (dunno if it will still be called the BS Report) is generally really good. Granted, his focus is divided among a bunch of stuff (his and Zach Lowe's NBA podcasts are in a lot of ways what got me back into the NBA), but during the NFL season he has a lot of football content. Given that he's gone from ESPN now, I don't know how that will affect his podcasts going forward. If it means no more Cousin Sal, that would be a bummer.

Wow great list, I'll give these a listen during work this week. Thanks!

It's not a podcast, but Rich Eisen's radio show is well worth listening during the season. Sometimes, I won't even listen to local radio for days on end and I'll only listen to that for my football fix.

Now you've done it. No matter where you are, he will find you. :D

Like you wouldn't go hunting her down to get her back.

iu

beer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes