Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hagee Says Hurricane Katrina Struck New Orleans Because It Was ‘Planning A Sinful’ ‘H

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

On September 18, 2006, Pastor John Hagee — whose endorsement Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said this past Sunday he was “glad to have” — told NPR’s Terry Gross that “Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God,” Hagee said, because “there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came.”

On his radio show yesterday, right-wing talker Dennis Prager asked Hagee to respond to “the various charges made against him” in a fact sheet put out by the Democratic National Committee. Asked about his comments on Hurricane Katrina, Hagee said “the topic of that day was cursing and blessing”:

HAGEE: Yes. The topic of that day was cursing and blessing. … What happened in New Orleans looked like the curse of God, in time if New Orleans recovers and becomes the pristine city it can become it may in time be called a blessing. But at this time it’s called a curse.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/23/hagee-katrina-mccain/
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Re: Hagee Says Hurricane Katrina Struck New Orleans Because It Was ‘Planning A Sinful

Please stop posting crap like this. It hurts my head to know that there are evil, lazy, m-fers like Hagee walking around makiing millions scamming people on religion.
  3. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Hagee Says Hurricane Katrina Struck New Orleans Because It Was ‘Planning A Sinful

fogbuster this thread has your name on it.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't agree with him - heck, I don't believe in God - but this isn't even in the same ballpark as what The Good Reverand Wright spewed.
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It makes me want to scam people on religion. "Praise Jesus, and make your checks out to me!"
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No you're right, it's much much worse.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I was taking bets with myself who would be first to say something like this. You were in at 3-1.

:D

Why is it much much worse?

BTW--did you pick a score for the C's tonight?
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Obviously you have a problem with whites and jews. What is it about them you don't like?
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

:confused:

The McCain guy speculated what God did. The Obama guy accused the U.S. (whiteys only) of trying to kill all blacks.

Which do you think is worse ?
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

And the Reverend Wright.
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah...that new house Wright's getting built for him by his church is a pretty sad little shack.
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

well one guy, Hagee, defacated on the people who lost their lives in Hurricane Katrina by saying they deserved it. The other one, "the Obama guy," made an accusation towards an ethnic group that has oppressed and murdered blacks for hundreds of years. So anybody can obviously see that Hagee is lower than shit.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I had the C's winning 103-78, so I was a little off again but I forgot to post on the Celtics board:eek:
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Only a f*cking (insults not allowed).

Amazing. One blames God (whatever). Another blames all whites in this country. And you think the former is worse. Disgusting crap.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

see now Stokes?...

Here's an example of a thread I just generally don't get involved in.

Fortunately, our resident God speaker will be around any moment to tell us all what's what.

I yield the floor to him...

Tell us about the unsightly abomination that is 'gay parades.'
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hagee is a dandy for sure...

I mean, you can just see all of that compassion and empathy in his zionist voice.

Now, there are so many things wrong about this story, I'm not even going to try to attempt to pick it apart.

But Katrina was a martial law excercise.

It really was.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No he's not "blaming" god for katrina. He's blaming the victims of Katrina. That's a tremendous spin though.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

His silence is deafening, otoh as long as we talk about Hagee or Wright.. the real issues are being ignored and we are diverted into this neverending idiotic discusson.
  19. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is confusing, i thought Bush pushed the destructo button on his weatheromatic machine in his basement?:confused::D
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I assume you're talking about Wright. Where did he blame all white people? I'd hate to think that you're being manipulated by the right wing media, so please provide a source for your claim.