PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Had McKenzie not been injured last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckedtrek

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
.. (pure speculation and just for conversation sake) how would last season have been different? Or would it have been different? Tyrone from all reports looks very, very good this year in TC (at least so far). He's also had a year to spend on the play book so that cannot be overlooked. Would he have made enough of a difference to get us 1 more win? I think so.

Our pass rush would still have been anemic, but we wouldn't have been as soft up the middle IMO. So what's your take?

If McKenzie wasn't injured and Crable wasn't injured and we didn't lose that pick after '07 ... oh never mind.

Anyway, yeah:psyched about this guy this year.

Last edited:
If McKenzie wasn't injured and Crable wasn't injured and we didn't lose that pick after '07 ... oh never mind.

Anyway, yeah:psyched about this guy this year.

I'm now convinced Crable was born with a pulled hammy.

I'm not crying over spilt milk, just curious what people thought now that we've seen some of what he can do. It's impossible to prove, but if he's actually as good as the reports say, I think last year may have been better.

Now if you really want to speculate, if we could have had McKenzie AND Tate healthy all season... :D

he would have been good dept and they would not have signed junior seau, thats it

seymour is the only guy that could have made a impact on the defense. last year.

I was very optimistic about McKenzie when he was drafted, and am just as optimistic now. As far as last year goes, I think he would have helped as Guyton got man-handled at times, and was in on more snaps than you would have liked.

Would his presence have been enough for one more win? The Pats were in a lot of close games, so that's surely a possibility.

Bottom line is that I see the position as being upgraded over last season, even though McKenzie (and Spikes) have yet to play a down in the NFL. On top of that the strength or wekness of each position strengthens (or weakens) the other positions on the defense. If the DL is strong, it makes things easier for the ILBs, if the ILBs are getting it done, that helps out the DBs, etc.

Can we speculate on what would have happened if Asante didn't freelance in the superbowl, or if he kept his hands on that ball....

Okay, sorry. Just bitter. :(

On a more serious note, last year's team was dysfunctional from a leadership POV and it would have made little difference IMO.

I'm now convinced Crable was born with a pulled hammy.

I'm not crying over spilt milk, just curious what people thought now that we've seen some of what he can do. It's impossible to prove, but if he's actually as good as the reports say, I think last year may have been better.

Now if you really want to speculate, if we could have had McKenzie AND Tate healthy all season... :D

Well, it would have been good for McKenzie if he was healthy last year.
When Mayo was injured he would have surely gotten some rookie playing time. Even though Guyton has one more year here, I'd have to believe there is a good chance that McK would have taken the job once Mayo came back.
So this year he would be a 2nd year player who saw a lot of pt as a rookie.
We may not have drafted Spikes though.

Well, it would have been good for McKenzie if he was healthy last year.
When Mayo was injured he would have surely gotten some rookie playing time. Even though Guyton has one more year here, I'd have to believe there is a good chance that McK would have taken the job once Mayo came back.
So this year he would be a 2nd year player who saw a lot of pt as a rookie.
We may not have drafted Spikes though.

Good points. While the pick used for Spikes could have been on an OLB or maybe on the OL, I'll take Spikes at this point. He and McKenzie seem to add some serious ILB talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes