PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hack piece by Eric Wilbur at the Globe blasts Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on schedule and there will be more to come. I expect nothing less from the media in general. They love to beat a man into the dirt while he's down.
I refuse to read it, but thanks for the link.

"Maybe it doesn't hit you as hard anymore, and maybe that's the problem."

Yes, Tom doesn't care about winning.

Really?

"Even Montana handed off to Mallet at some point.. right?"

That is just the worst sentence I have ever read by any Patriots beat writer.

Here's the "money" quote:

The safety killed the Patriots. Killed them.

And there's nobody to blame but Tom Brady.

However hard it might be to swallow, the glory days are gone. Even Montana handed off to Mallett at some point, right?

And, just to prove that not all Pats fans (or Bostonians) are morons, here are the first five comments:

AndyTC wrote:
are you kidding me? wilbur, you are an absolute moron.
2/5/2012 10:38 PM EST
Recommend (113)
Report abuse

dog1aop wrote:
This may be the single most childish and flat out idiotic article in the history of the internet. Is this guy fired yet?
2/5/2012 10:39 PM EST
Recommend (117)
Report abuse

bob sacamano wrote:
Wow, dude. Really? I wish I got paid money to whine on the internet like a 15 year old who thinks the world is out to get them. What in the hel# does beating Brady down after a loss do for you exactly? Jesus, dude, I am a Philadelphia fan and this article was brutal. That's not a good look. Go home and cry in your beer, hack job.
2/5/2012 10:43 PM EST
Recommend (103)
Report abuse

BB-IS-BEST wrote:
Nope. Okay...officially never coming back to this site again. This post is idiotic and completely slanted. Also just disrespectful to the Patriots organization and Brady. You Wilbur, should be ashamed. I thought the Boston Globe had a bit more class than this.
2/5/2012 10:45 PM EST
Recommend (87)
Report abuse

berryjooks wrote:
what a bitter and childish rant. and you've done what..?
2/5/2012 10:45 PM EST

Looks like someone got drunk watching the game and didn't sober up before posting a blog.

Looks like someone got drunk watching the game and didn't sober up before posting a blog.

That was almost what I was thinking. It was a nasty rant that doesn't really fit what I would consider the standards of a high profile newspaper. Again, it's a little unlike him and I'm surprised he wrote it.

That was almost what I was thinking. It was a nasty rant that doesn't really fit what I would consider the standards of a high profile newspaper. Again, it's a little unlike him and I'm surprised he wrote it.

And what has been seen cannot be unseen. :bricks:

Ron Borges Jr. is that you???????????

How did an editor allow this to run less than 12 hours after the game's completion?

Obviously, the writer is emotionally distraught. Someone should have stopped this.

Looks to me like Brady had a much better day at work than Eric Wilbur.

Sadly for Bills fans, Kelly would kill for just 1 of Brady's rings.

Wilbur can write whatever he wishes. It does not matter.

This team sure inspires a lot of hate people

The article is overdone and an overreaction.

That said, Brady is no longer clutch, and this team finds itself in a position to lose the game at the end too frequently.

Brady should get blasted. He continues to play poorly in big games. It doesn't help that your coaches call poor games. Wow. How many times does this need to happen before people in NE realize he's not the same QB from early last decade?

Yeah it seemed like a rather lame attempt to sound like an a-hole. Something a lot of media people take pride in. To be fair though, it was so bad I did not read much before I clicked out of the page.
First who the **** is eric wilbur? ....Its not about respectable journalism these days, its about how many hits you can get on on your story. Someone can write a sorry ass hit piece like this and get a lot of hits. In the end the bottom line is Hits = more money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing