Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ha Ha, Here's a good one.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Coo Coo Liberals,
    You go, oh no, you go, no you go, you were here first hee hee hee, I love you, I love you too, oh thank you, Have a nice day, tee hee :D

Imagine doing this in Boston, as soon as the signs came down there would be a gun fight.

Nov 20 2006
    European traffic planners are dreaming of streets free of rules and directives. They want drivers and pedestrians to interact in a free and humane way, as brethren -- by means of friendly gestures, nods of the head and eye contact, without the harassment of prohibitions, restrictions and warning signs.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,448747,00.html
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

The new traffic model's advocates believe the only way out of this vicious circle is to give drivers more liberty and encourage them to take responsibility for themselves. They demand streets like those during the Middle Ages, when horse-drawn chariots, handcarts and people scurried about in a completely unregulated fashion. The new model's proponents envision today's drivers and pedestrians blending into a colorful and peaceful traffic stream.

Typical. Why does everyone always think that yesteryear was better, and thus, yesteryear should be applied to the present. Do these people understand the sheer numerical amounts of vehicles on today's roads as opposed to yesteryears? The signs were put up for a reason, because people were probably shooting either other over right of way. Anyhow as someone who has been driving in Italy for over 10 years, I can tell you that the vast majority of signs in that country are useless. They put signs at a turn, or on the middle of the highway when you are supposed to exit right. I remember travelling to a town and seeing a sign for it at a fork in the road. Litterlally like the movies, 7 signs over the top of each other, all pointing either left or right like in Battle of the Bulge. Anyhow, I followed the arrow and went right, only to come to another fork in the road, only, this fork had no signs. Huh? Totally maddening system in Italy. What makes it worse, is that the streets barely fit one car, and everyone drives 100 mph. My favorite is the passing on the "highway". Most highways there are not separated by a guard rail. So you face the traffic on the opposite side. Well, since 160 kph isn't enough for some people, they pass each other using the opposite traffics lane. Needless to say, it is quite the game of chicken at times. I must say though, one of my favorite things to do when I'm there, is drive. Nothing like a 6 speed, manual shift turbo deisel in the Italian country side. Talk about fun.