Welcome to PatsFans.com

GWB Veto list

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

So.....our President has used his power of Veto to stop the following things from happening:

1. Government funded research on stem cells. (possibly saving countless american lives)
    2. Bringing our troops home frrom Iraq, or at least setting a timetable.(possibly saving countless american lives)
    3. Giving more money for a children's heathcare plan. (possibly saving countless american lives)

anyone see a pattern here?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

isn't it interesting that the religious right believes that concious life begins the moment the sperm hits the egg, however?

what a neat little convenient sermon of hypocrisy this group of paranoid clowns has rationalized to itself...

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If these kids want heathcare so bad, why don't they get out there and get a frickin JOB!?

grab the want ads and get a few interviews lined up. Our youth is lazy.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

So tell us all when life begins?

5. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was all due to Amendment 81...

81. S.AMDT.2619 to H.R.976 To reduce the cap on the tax on large cigars to $3.00.
    Sponsor: Sen Nelson, Bill [FL] (introduced 8/1/2007) Cosponsors (1)
    Latest Major Action: 8/2/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2619 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

Waste of our tax dollars that these fools are drawing salary from us.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

I'm mixed on the stem cells thing. It's not an easy one for me.

Um, as much as I'd like to bring the troops home, it's up to the president.

No thanks! Raising taxes when we have a $2.7 TRILLION dollar budget is a NEGATIVE! Especially when the program is basically an expansion of government services to some people who otherwise don't need it. Now, before you scream about "kids need healthcare", the point is that the program was going to encourage middle income earners who currently pay for their own kids, to suck on the government dime. NO THANKS! Plus, why penalize smokers? This whole BS attack on things we find gross is truly an attack on individual freedoms. So because most people dislike smoking, we tax them to death. Utterly un-American. While we bribe members of congress for votes by adding $75 million for spinach farmers, or a couple of mill for someone's gazebo, we raise taxes on smokers (who mostly tend to be poor) because we think it's gross. BULLSTEIN! How about eliminating a couple of earmarks, or finding the funds inside the $2.7 Trillion you just stole? I know, because it's "SAVE THE CHILDREN". Today it's more taxes on smokers, and tomorrow it'll be taxes on junk food. I find fat people to be gross, so we should tax the sh!t out of anything fattening. I can guarantee you that would result in riots, cuz fatass americans won't be denied their Dunkin Donuts, cheesy fries, Whoppers, or Cinni-buns. What a broken country.

7. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Although those things do not bother me too too much (I listed why below), from a conservative perspective I'm upset with the out of control spending he has allowed, just rubber stamp whatever the congress wanted to do.

1. The stem cell bill, I disagree with his decision, but let's not overstate the value of stem cell research. It is a field in its infancy littered with terrible science and claims of advances that are nowhere near happening.

2. The war, I think we've all gone back and forth on where we stand on that one, I agreed with his veto as I disagree with immediate withdrawal of the troops (and I know many of you passionately disagree with that point).

3. He agreed with an expansion of the health care program, but to the tune of $5 billion rather than the proposed $35 billion. The rationale was that it covered many children already with private insurance, which would cause them to switch and be an undue burden on the government system.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Kids in America today probably get the best health care in the world, why does everybody "sneak in" but you never hear of anybody "sneaking out"

Bush isn't perfect (illegal aliens) but he doesn't take any sh!t from that Pelosi/Reid gang thats why they hate him, they can't scare him, he grins at them.

The democrats are using the kids as "Props" what they really want is "Get Bush" they knew he would veto it thats why they brought it up then they could pull their phony whailing bullsh!t "oh dear God, the poor little kids"
    :bricks:

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

not

even

close.

Harry you're home all day. Why not do some research rather than make up stuff you wish America had?

10. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Oh but I like making stuff up that I wish America had. First on the list is politicians that care about our country more than their pockets (and that's not something just Republicans are guilty of).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007