PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys, I need some Help Here regarding the Herm Edwards to KC deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisticuffs

Rookie
Reaction score
Uh, I thought that after the Belicheck and Gruden deals for draft picks have been outlawed by the NFL. Now I here that Edwards may go to the Cheifs for draft picks? Why? Why would any team with Edwards' record give up draft picks? I thought that there woulndn't be anymore Coaches for Draft picks crap. Help me out. And Give Al Saunders a shot for crying out loud!

fisticuffs said:
Uh, I thought that after the Belicheck and Gruden deals for draft picks have been outlawed by the NFL. Now I here that Edwards may go to the Cheifs for draft picks? Why? Why would any team with Edwards' record give up draft picks? I thought that there woulndn't be anymore Coaches for Draft picks crap. Help me out. And Give Al Saunders a shot for crying out loud!

I believe the picks apply to assistant coaches only. Also, I think the fact that the Chiefs are willing to part with draft picks for Edwards just goes to show what a joke of an organization they are running there.

it might of been that you can no longer exchange money.. i think the gruden deal, the bucs had to give like $4 million to the raiders..

There were a bunch of stories on this recently, bottom line, draft picks can be traded for a Head Coach or a GM under contract. Lower ranked people in the organization have the right to move up and may not be held under contract when a higher ranking opportunity is offered.

And it was $8M in cash in the Gruden deal. The Commissioner now has to sign off on any compensation deals for HC's. They don't like the concept of cash, nor do they want to see teams squandering boatloads of draft picks frivolously. They are concerned with long term effects on parity.

The Jets finally win one. Instead of firing Edwards, which he deserves, they get a pick for him. And whatever they do they end up with an extra pick and a better HC.

fisticuffs said:

That's the way it appeared for a time - then the NFL "clarified" the rule and essentially made an about face. They seem to be hoping no one remembered

see this thread for discussion and links to related stories

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=28741

AndyJohnson said:
The Jets finally win one. Instead of firing Edwards, which he deserves, they get a pick for him. And whatever they do they end up with an extra pick and a better HC.
Ha! Not if Haslett is their choice. That just means less fondling of players and an extra draft pick. :p

Box_O_Rocks said:
Ha! Not if Haslett is their choice. That just means less fondling of players and an extra draft pick. :p

So, who's fondling players? (I knew I shouldn't have touched that with a ten foot pole).

i agree with andy on this one

if i were the jets id give a draft pick to kc just to take him off my hands

Fanfrom1960 said:
So, who's fondling players? (I knew I shouldn't have touched that with a ten foot pole).
Okay folks, who remembers where the pictures of Herm and Ty Law have gotten too? I hope none of you pervs have taken them to your bedrooms. :eek:

Jets gave permission..

to Herm to talk to KC,indicating they arent that keen on keeping him,its the best of both worlds for both parties,Jets get to look for a HC to take them in a new direction(winning)and Kc gets a guy they want.If there are any picks traded,I dont think it will be early round picks.My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes