PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guy who impressed you in other preseason games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree then. I wasn't that impressed with him. I need to see him throw the ball to the left without getting picked off, or throw the ball downfield with success with an actual pass rush in his face before I get impressed.

I agree with you on this one: Sanchez was better than last year, but he didn't show anything that made me think he was capable of leading a team into the playoffs. First off, the interception isn't inherently terrible, but the read that he made in throwing that ball was. You simply can't screw up like that in the NFL: one time is more than enough to swing a game.

Secondly, most of his efficient work came against the Giants' second string. And even their first string wasn't really a first string, since Corey Webster wasn't playing. Thirdly, Sanchez wasn't any good until they started rolling him out to the right, which is where he excelled last year and again in this game. It's the Jake Plummer formula all over again, and it uses his mobility effectively while taking away half of the field (thus mitigating his inability to scan the field and read coverages well). This is effective as a short-term solution, but if this becomes the book on him, then it will be easy for opposing defenses to gameplan against him.

He has to become a better pocket passer, and that's not going to happen this way. If anything, it'll come at the expense of his long-term development, just as it did Plummer's; years later, when he was 30, he still wasn't an effective pocket passer, because he'd never had to be.

Brady was able to hit the intermediate routes into the second level of the defense with more success than Sanchez showed last year and this past Monday night, in 2001. The only time Sanchez tried that, it went for a big gain... the other way.

Agreed, I see their passing game kinda like I'm worried our run defense might turn out: plenty adequate against teams that aren't well-suited to exploit it as a weakness, but heavily exploitable against teams that are strong in that area. That's not a recipe for winning a SB, unless they hope to blaze a path to the SB without ever playing a team that has good press corners (could happen, but still not a good situation).

Last edited:
The WR Cruz from the NYG. Seems like one of those undrafted players that is going to overachieve and have a nice little career.

Kudos to you on this call. This guy is practically a rookie. Nice little career might be a little understated even. I'm going to look at some of your other posts!

Last edited:
Kudos to you on this call. This guy is practically a rookie. Nice little career might be a little understated even. I'm going to look at some of your other posts!

I commend you for digging this up just to give him props. :D

I saw Cruz's breakout preseason game live!!!! 1st night on vacation me and my friends were going nuts about him being the truth!!!!

I commend you for digging this up just to give him props. :D

I did a search to see anyone one saw his talent? People complain about BBs drafting. Victor Cruz is a case that shows just how hard it is to pick. Uninteresting measurables, unimpressive school ... Went undrafted. Yet he has 5 production in his second year in the league.

Last edited:

It's hardly a shocker...pretty sure alot of people took notice of the guy after that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back