Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gutless Pandering From Hillary and Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, May 24, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Guess the question becomes are they pandering or responding to the desires of the American People.. imo the rest of the folks pandered for the pork.

3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +375 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

So the desires of the American people is that THE SAME PEOPLE WHO VOTED TO SEND THESE TROOPS TO WAR, LATER ON VOTE NOT TO FUND THEIR MISSION!!!

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Yea you got it right, just keep echoing the bs from the RW blogs.. can't folks ever change their mind after they realized they were duped by George??.. to me it is more honest to do it now than to just follow along. To perpetuate the lie is wrong.. we are going nowhere fast in Iraq.

5. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A lot of opinions can change in 4 years.

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And if the public knew then that 1) the bulk of the justification for invading was bogus and 2) that the leadership would screw this up with a series of catastrophic blunders, there is no way they would have gotten authorization in the first place.

After the no confidence vote in Gonzo, Congress should have immediately followed up with a no confidence vote in Dubya.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Should also add that since the war vote there've been two elections, the latest resulting in a new majority party in congress. Obviously the electorate was calling for some kind of change.

8. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +247 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

And who is using "taking points" now. Argue that the war has been mishandled but those lame talking points are stupid.

These people were not "duped" by George. Clinton has no crdibility with that one. George had the same info as Bill and if Bill had the info, then Hillary sure as hell had it.

I don't consider myself to be a far right winger or a Bush apologist so don't throw that one at me. Those who voted for the war at the time knew exactly what they were voting for. I was in favor of the war and consider the adverse consequences of leaving without stabilizing that country too dire for America, and the rest of the world.

If anyone "duped" all of us, it was Saddam Hussien. I think there were blunders made and Rumsfeld and Bush have paid the political price for those blunders.

Besides, the far left considers George to be an idiot. So if H.Clinton was "duped" by an idiot, what makes you or others think that she could be a good President?

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

The dingobats want this war ended so they can start their own war in Dafur (The Hollywood War)

Get Bush

10. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I happen to think that Clinton would make a lousy president, but that doesn't follow from what you said. Duping people is easy when you have information that they don't. It's not like Bush handed over the raw intelligence his agencies were getting. Intelligence reports comes from executive agencies like the CIA and NSA. The administration then takes those reports and turns them into something to show congress. If they choose to emphasize certain information while overlooking other information, no one will be the wiser, since they can't just ask for the data. Companies dupe investors in this way all the time, it doesn't mean the investors are dumb.

11. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +247 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

So, you are giving H. Clinton, the former co-president, a pass on her vote?

This is why I have such a bad tatse in my mouth about politics as it is today. It's party over country and I never thought I'd see that day. I know that you said that you didn't like her as president, so that statement is not aimed at you.

Saddam "duped" Hans Blitz. Had Saddam cooperated under UN resolution 1441, he would have had the sanctions lifted and he and his two sons would have been free to torture and rape the Iraqi people and no invasion would have taken place.

When Saddam did not disclose what he had/didn't have, where, when and how those WMD's were distroyed (if they were), reasonable people came to the conclusion that he still had them. A perfectly logical conclusion.

Big mistakes were made by this administration after the Iraqi armed forces were defeated. They should never get a free pass on that. But H. Clinton should not get a free pass on her vote either. Being "duped" by George, my ass.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

I give Obama a lot more leeway with his vote, since he has been an outspoken critic since day 1. Hillary on the other hand, is a complete and utter fraud. Talk about a fony that will do anything to get elected. First, she votes for the war, then when it goes south, she opposes it, and now she refuses to fund the very soldiers who she voted to send into the theatre in the first place. What a fraud. If she is so damned smart now, and was duped before, why does she still refuse to say her original vote was a mistake?

She's a fraud.

June 2006

Mrs. Clinton called the Iraq war a "grotesque mistake" before adding "but we cannot bring the troops home until they make sure Iraq has a unified government," a comment that set off a round of raucous booing from all parts of the hall where the Washington conference of Campaign for America's Future, mostly made up of Democrats, was held.

"I do not think it is a smart strategy, either, for the president to continue with his open-ended commitment, which I think does not put enough pressure on the new Iraqi government," said Mrs. Clinton, as protesters stood up and began chanting "Bring the troops home, bring the troops home."

"Nor do I think it is smart strategy to set a date certain. I do not agree that that is in the best interests," she said. While some applauded Mrs. Clinton as she left the stage, a group of several dozen continued booing her until she had left the hall.

http://www.nysun.com/article/34404

March 2007

Article published May 17, 2007

After hedging, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton commits to Iraq withdrawal deadline

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton voted Wednesday to advance legislation cutting off money for the Iraq war, then refused to pledge to support the measure if it came to a vote, then said she would.

At lunchtime, the New York senator and presidential candidate was asked repeatedly by reporters whether she favored the troop withdrawal legislation that had just come up for a procedural vote on the Senate floor.

Her answer: "I'm not going to speculate on what I'm going to be voting on in the future. I voted in favor of cloture to have a debate."

By supper time, she had a different answer.

"I support the underlying bill," she said. "That's what this vote on cloture was all about."

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

Don't you understand though, all those people (D) who voted for the war were only being patriotic...I mean, they were only supporting a popular president....I mean, they were duped....I mean, they didn't want to look wimpy.... Call a spade a spade people.

14. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

... once they found out they were lied to about the basis for sending those troops to war. Blames lies squarely on the Bush admin.

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't give a damn how we got here. Today, this minute, our troops are being killed, dismembered, brain-damaged, and otherwise injurred for the purpose of keeping the so-called nation of Iraq from falling apart and descending into anarchy. Why?

Those who justify our continued involvement solely on the basis of the reality that we are there are illogical and care nothing for the troops. Those who justify our presence as a mechanism to stabilize the ME, fight terrorists, or even keep oil flowing are at least making an honest mistake and mean well, but to even relate the current situation to how we got there is idiotic. It means nothing to the kids on the ground there.

And now we have the retard president saying things are going to get even worse this summer. Damn right the lazy, good-for-nothing US Congress is guilty of being complicit and negligent in leading us down the trail the moron was blazing for who-knows-what reason. They are all as responsible as he is.

The real question is "Why are we staying and will it be worth it?" IMO, it will never be "worth it" and to keep troops there as fodder for suicide and roadside bombers is immoral and treasonous when national security is not at stake. It is a slap in the face to the parents who raised these brave and selfless kids only to have them return home in a box, missing body parts, or having their families torn apart by their abscence. It's a disgrace right now, and bickering about how Congress was negligent or was "duped" (which they weren't) is useless.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Speaking of that shining star in the White House, he inspires me each day, particularly when he says stuff like:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007052...70524191927;_ylt=AmeCc3BvRAgGibsfPH1L6jCsOrgF

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US President George W. Bush, who declared in late 2001 that he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive," said Thursday that the Al-Qaeda chief was at large "because we haven't got him yet."

"Why is he at large? Because we haven't got him yet. That's why. And he's hiding. And we're looking. And we will continue to look until we bring him to justice," Bush said defensively at a White House press conference.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

One thing won't change, the Muslims will never stop trying to kill us.

18. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So we should...?

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the author of this one-star Turd of a thread seems more and more to me like a member of the family of that Prussian Blue duo... i think he's their uncle...

we all know that if Hillary or Obama voted yes, then instead of calling them lowlifes, he's be laughing about their hypocrisy... so, really, they couldn't win either way...

one thing that's true: Qui is a coward...

20. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +247 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

There are two main questions to be answered NOW!

1. What are the consequences, to America, to the Middle East, and to the world, of leaving Iraq now.

2. Same question, only staying and stablizing Iraq before we leave, even if the cost is way higher than we want to pay.

I really hope that people can answer that question and not get into "we shouldn't have been there in the first place" "cut and run' "bush lied and people died". As of now, those two questions are the only things that matter.