Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gutierrez and Green-Ellis

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by mgteich, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +336 / 21 / -2

It seems clear that Belichick is considering drafting competition for these players, but not likely in the first 100 picks.
  2. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deep draft for change-of-pace backs. As well as BJGE did last year, I don't see him setting himself apart from the top 3 backs (not including Faulk). That means the Pats are looking at a 3rd-down back and/or a FB/ST guy.

Will they give LoMo another year to make it? I guess it depends on who's available after 100 (Rashad Jennings? Andre Brown?).
  3. Revman

Revman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pat's have always kept a true fb on the roster.With Evans in New Orleans the Pat's need a lead blocker for the system. I know they used Hochstein in that role a little last year. Though I doubt that he is the full time fb option. Do we draft a big kid or sign a late camp veteran-a Lorenzo Neal type. I don't see a rookie fb making this team. Options?
  4. Bring Back Antowain!

Bring Back Antowain! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, now a days, a lot of quality blocking full backs go completely undrafted in the NFL draft.

While the Patriots could take a Tony Fiammetta in rounds 4-6, they could also wait it out, and see what is left.

In the current state of the NFL, you could find yourself a future Pro Bowl fullback in rookie free agency.
  5. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You could do a helluva lot worse than have Fiammetta on the team, but some likely UDFA prospects are:

Blocking FB: Player Bio: Will Ta'ufo'ou - CAL OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

Receiving FB: 46 receptions (as TE).
    Zeek Zacharie*|*Louisiana-Monroe,*FB*:*2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

The Pats have always kept a "true fullback" on the roster? They had so-called FBs in 2003 and 2004 with Centers and Pass, but at 225 and 217 respectively, neither was a "true" fullback.
  7. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fair point. I'd go back to 2003 when Fred McCrary got hurt (after replacing Mark Edwards that season). BB replaced him with Pass (and various players, depending on the situation) and realized he could clear up a roster spot.

Evans was a big back who made himself into a more-than-decent blocker during his time in NE. If the Pats got a chance at a better receiver/blocker in the middle/late rounds (also ST), I think they'd take a shot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.