PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gut feeling at this moment, who do you want with #27 and #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kendall Wright and Janoris Jenkins.

Jenkins is interesting to me. He has the upside to be the next Darrell Revis, but he's got the character issues of, say, Antonio Cromartie. eh... it could be worse. Aaron Hernandez had drug problems coming out of college too. I'm sure BB and crew could mold Jenkins into a loyal soldier if given the chance

Therefore I want to trade down with both 1st rounders and pick up 4 solid 2nd round talents - Lavonte David, Vinny Curry, Trumaine Johnson, Kendall Reyes.

Works for me.

Janoris Jenkins.

Jenkins is interesting to me. He has the upside to be the next Darrell Revis, but he's got the character issues of, say, Antonio Cromartie. eh... it could be worse. Aaron Hernandez had drug problems coming out of college too. I'm sure BB and crew could mold Jenkins into a loyal soldier if given the chance

I am with you on this, the way I feel right now I'd be more than happy to take Jenkins with the 27th pick... CB's in the NFL usually have too much to say etc, he's had problems but talent surpasses all that in my eyes.

#27 - Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
#31 - Donta Hightower LB Alabama

Both bring versatility, strong work ethic, and leadership (more so Hightower on that one) - all things the Patriots favor in their draft picks.

What a legend, you got exactly what you wanted (all be it with 2 small trade ups)

Way to go!

What a legend, you got exactly what you wanted (all be it with 2 small trade ups)

Way to go!

Seriously! Never ever ever EVER, have the Patriots drafted my (realistic) top choice in round 1, let alone two choices.

Really really psyched about these players, both simply as players, but also how they fit into the defensive scheme and in the locker room (both sound like hard-working, high-character guys).

Last edited:
Seriously! Never ever ever EVER, have the Patriots drafted my (realistic) top choice in round 1, let alone two choices.

Really really psyched about these players, both simply as players, but also how they fit into the defensive scheme and in the locker room (both sound like hard-working, high-character guys).

Only 42 posts. With that insight, you need to be round more. Well done.

Only 42 posts. With that insight, you need to be round more. Well done.

Thanks! Yeah, I do a lot of reading on this board but not a lot of posting. The group as a whole definitely offer a lot of insight, I love getting the inside info on here. Of course, it's definitely fun to join in the conversation -- that's what it's all about!

Tonight's predictions/hopeful picks: Center Peter Konz out of Wisconsin, and DB Casey Hawyard out of Vanderbilt. Hawyard doesn't seem like he's got a future as a starting man-to-man cover cornerback, but he reads the QB well and can make plays on the ball. Seems like a candidate to be a starting FS and for help in zone schemes, and could possibly be available in the late 2nd round.

#27 - Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
#31 - Donta Hightower LB Alabama

Both bring versatility, strong work ethic, and leadership (more so Hightower on that one) - all things the Patriots favor in their draft picks.

DUDE!
What was last night like for you?
I mean I thought I was pumped, but you must have been off the wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back