Leemo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
whenever you read this thread, who do you want right now? for me its

#27 Shea McClellin/Chandler Jones
#31 Janoris Jenkins/Whitney Mercilus/Courtney Upshaw

Last edited:
Want ?

Realistically I have Upshaw at #27 and McClellan at #31.

With the rest as :

2a) Bobby Wagner
2b) Trumaine Johnson
3) Ron Brooks
4) Armond Armstead

My prediction, though, is :

1a) Trade for 2012 #3 and 2013 #1
1b) Trumaine Johnson

2a) Bobby Wagner
2b) Brandon Thompson

3a) Ron Brooks
3b) Marvin Jones

4) Armond Armstead

My preference is to trade up to around #20 and take Hightower but since there's almost no chance of that happening:

27. Vinny Curry DE/OLB - Marshall
31. Kendall Reyes DT/DE - UCONN

Probably a little early for both of them but I think the run on DE/OLB prospects will lead to Curry being pushed up boards.

27 - Chandler Jones
31 - Jerel Worthy

27 - Chandler Jones

31 - Shae Mclellin

Only reason i include Jones in this is apparently the pats are rumored to love him (tenuous logic i know) but my only knock on him is he looked a little unco during drills and didn't know how he would convert to OLB.

Unless everyone's wrong you guys are a weak late and 10 picks short when saying you want Chandler Jones; all indications are he's going in the top twenty.

My preference is to trade up to around #20 and take Hightower but since there's almost no chance of that happening:

Probably a little early for both of them but I think the run on DE/OLB prospects will lead to Curry being pushed up boards.

I fully expect at least one of the 1st rounders to be traded, but if both were used I'd be psyched with those 2 picks.

Just noticed that Mayock has Hightower going 29 to the Ravens. I think that's really unlikely that he'll make it out of the early twenties but in that scenario, I have to modify my picks.

27. Donta Hightower LB - Alabama
31. Vinny Curry DE/OLB - Marshall

...and then hopefully nab Reyes early in the second.

Last edited:
Even after all the WR signings, my gut still feels that Stephen Hill will be special in the NFL.

The other first I just want a quality defensive player, Nick Perry, Shea McCellin, Lavonte David, etc.

Worthy, Jenkins (I admit, I've done a 180 on Jenkins). Nick Perry at 2A and Brandon Taylor at 2B.

Worthy, Jenkins (I admit, I've done a 180 on Jenkins). Nick Perry at 2A and Brandon Taylor at 2B.

I would be ecstatic with that draft. I doubt Perry falls to 48 though.

Right now, I'm seeing some combination of Perry, Jenkins, Irvin, and a DT with the top 4 picks.

27. Upshaw
31. Small trade down with someone like Cleveland or Indy
2a. Alshon Jeffery
2b. Janoris Jenkins
2c. Zach Brown/Billy Winn

#27- Courtney Upshaw or Michael Brockers

#31- Devon Still or Andre Branch

27 - Nick Perry
31 - Devin Still

27. Upshaw
31 McClelin.

Belichick fan. My gut feeling tells me that either Armond Armstead or Malik Jackson will be Patriots by the end of this weekend.

A GOOD pass rusher. If the Patriots wait until pick #48, none will be available. At this point, Belichick will start dumping picks or draft offensive
players for the second year in a row.

27. Hightower
31. Kirkpatrick

Even after all the WR signings, my gut still feels that Stephen Hill will be special in the NFL.

The other first I just want a quality defensive player, Nick Perry, Shea McCellin, Lavonte David, etc.

If Hill is picked then that selection has McDaniels's finger prints all over it. McD drafted D. Thomas out of the same system two years ago as Denver's HC, that pick turned out well for them.

The way some people in this forum are complaining it seems like we just came off a losing season. They all sound like a broken record complaining about not taking a first round pass rusher. I'm sick of it. Just for that I would laugh if we traded back/picked an offensive player. Pass rush isn't even our greatest need, safety is. It doesn't matter if you give the QB a narrow window to throw if the guys are already open he will dump it off.

Kendall Wright at 27 (they worked him out earlier this week)
Trade back from 31, my guess is for an early-mid 2nd and a 2013 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes