OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

"In Bill We Trust" - Yes or No?

• Yes - I still trust in Bill - We'll have a SB Contender Once Again

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • No - BB has miscalculated and mismanaged this offseason. We are in trouble.

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Sure - I see the holes in the lineup we need to fill. And I don't know what plan the BB/SP braintrust have to fill them.

But thus far their management style and personnel moves have worked out pretty well.

Bottom line for me? Its March. The Pats traditionally don't play their cards early in Free Agency. As disappointed as I am by some of the player losses, I'm not ready to abandon ship.

What say you, Patsfans?

In Bill You Trust? Yes or No?

What holes?

I see the poll's not up yet... do me a favor and make the results public.

Edit: ahh too late now. :( Oh well.

Last edited:
Will the people that vote No be shot or hung?

100% trust right here.

Adam is the only that hurts, but you cant force a guy to be here if he does not want to ..

SoonerPatriot said:
Neither, just banned ;)

BelichickFan said:
100% trust right here.
Ditto.
They may have been blindsided by the AV move though. No?
Either way - Hey Kool Aid!

SoonerPatriot said:

I vote for hanging.

David ... Willie ... and Dwight all hurt me.

Still, the f/o was right not to match the first two.

Adam doesn't hurt. His lustrous career ... is largely behind him,
and the rump of it is not worth that money.

Voted confidence, of course.

But for the Jets' money, we should not have lost Tim Dwight.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I see the poll's not up yet... do me a favor and make the results public.

Edit: ahh too late now. :( Oh well.

My T-shirt says, "I'm with Bill."

Adam's T-shirt says, "I'm with STUPID."

Of course I will trust them they have not disappointed me yet. They are not just planning for 2006 they are think two, three years down the line. Bill knows that if you have Brady and a good defence you will always be in the mix for the division title if not more.

I'm with you Joe: IN BILL WE TRUST.
How's this for a fast forward look. The media and all the football geniuses will have Indy as the next superbowl winner. We might not even get a mention from Michael Irvin. By next November we will be making playoff plans. Our secondary is a young but experienced group, as is our defensive line. The only question is, what will our linebackers look like. I'm guessing BB already has this figured out. I'll take BB's strategy over all the naysayers on this board. On offense, we need a wide receiver and a kicker. How many of those are available after cuts each year? Our record for this coming year will be as good as last year if not better.

CrazyDave said:
They may have been blindsided by the AV move though. No?
My gut feeling says no. I suspect Belichick knew he wanted to leave. If they were blindsided, I would think it was more with McGinest getting a big offer at his age although with Crennel, Saban, Parcells and Mangini that probably wasn't a huge surprise either.

flutie2phelan said:
David ... Willie ... and Dwight all hurt me.

Still, the f/o was right not to match the first two.

Adam doesn't hurt. His lustrous career ... is largely behind him,
and the rump of it is not worth that money.

Voted confidence, of course.

But for the Jets' money, we should not have lost Tim Dwight.

Oh please Dwight sucks and really was a big disappointment from what I saw last year.

Do I understand what is happening with FA and the Patriots? Of course not. From the outside it doesn't look good. But what do I know!

Until BB and Pioli field a team that does not make it to the playoffs I will have faith in their off season moves.

:horn: Glad to see the informed poll response, 87% of folks GET IT. This will be an interesting season and only when it is over will we be able to evaluate everything. Was last year a failure because we didn't win the SB? Despite all the injuries did we end up making a run? In the end did it come down to laying one big egg against Denver? I think BB/SP made some serious personnel evaluations during the season and have decided to restock this team for the future. Remember it is about the TEAM and the performance of the TEAM - stay tuned sportsfans............

I was a Patriots fan when they were in the gutter. I am a Patriots fan now. Tomorrow I will still be a Patriots fan.

I am confident enough in myself to be comfortable with uncertainty, even when stretched to apply to a spectator sport.

People are weird.

fgssand said:
Oh please Dwight sucks and really was a big disappointment from what I saw last year.
Deight wasn't that bad at all....what was sure was that it's a long contract 4 years...more than he really deserves...but that is the Jets..

Pats726 said:
Deight wasn't that bad at all....what was sure was that it's a long contract 4 years...more than he really deserves...but that is the Jets..

Remember: Dwight saw at least one, and I think two, seasons end from a punctured lung. No way the Pats are going to offer a four-year deal.

Besides, if they draft, say, Jeremy Bloom (a runt just like Dwight), we'll probably forget all about Dwightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back