Gus Frerotte decides to poke the bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In the Star-Tribune:

"I was only in the offense for six months, so I should get a lot better with another year under my belt," he said. "I think I've earned the right to be a starter. It wasn't handed to me. I went in and played well and gave everything I had to the team."

Frerotte signed a two-year, $3.75 million contract with the Vikings. He knows there might be other quarterback options in the free-agent market, but some of them would be expensive.

"I think some of them come with a high price tag," Frerotte said. "Do you pay all that money for Matt Cassel in New England?"

Smooth move, Gus. :banned:

You can never use the word SMOOTH, and his name,,,,,,ever. Afterall, he did injure himself during a game by head butting a wall. I can't remember the details, but im pretty sure that was him. Either way, he's not too smart :D
I wouldn't be running my mouth if I were ready to step back into the job and Tavaris keeps me sitting on the bench.

"I think some of them come with a high price tag," Frerotte said. "Do you pay all that money for Matt Cassel in New England?"

Well, Gus - Let us help you answer that question.....Yes, you do.

Gus Frerotte is one of those rare "athletes" that is actually older than I am. Gives me hope I still might make it.

Well, Gus - Let us help you answer that question.....Yes, you do.

well, if u want to do something in the playoffs u do....otherwise no, the Guses of the world suffice

I wouldn't be running my mouth if I were ready to step back into the job and Tavaris keeps me sitting on the bench.

Gotta agree with ya. If Jackson gives you competition, you can't be that good. :D

Knowing how stupid Childress is with his QB insight, it would not surprise me if ole 4-eyes might come around on this and actually believe that Gus can take his team to the show.

I still think after all the dust settles, that Matt lands with the Bucs or Panthers and that the best we'll do is a #2 this year and a conditional pick in 2010. Unfortunately for Matt, the overpaying and underproduction of the Rob Johnsons, Matt Schaubs and Scott Mitchells have made many a team gun shy about giving up too much.

Last edited:
In the Star-Tribune:

Quote:
"I was only in the offense for six months, so I should get a lot better with another year under my belt," he said. "I think I've earned the right to be a starter. It wasn't handed to me. I went in and played well and gave everything I had to the team."

Frerotte signed a two-year, $3.75 million contract with the Vikings. He knows there might be other quarterback options in the free-agent market, but some of them would be expensive.

HA HA - Gus, you get what you pay for in the NFL - they got you for 3.5MM, are you kidding me, I know kickers that are worth more, kickers!!

In one year, Cassel's numbers are far better than your best year.....

If I am sitting with a talented team in Minny, looking to go places, do I want you and Jackson??

cassel has aready eclipsed frerotte's best season of his illustrious career

Gus Frerotte is one of those rare "athletes" that is actually older than I am. Gives me hope I still might make it.

Careful there, our Chinese friend.

Granted, your signing by the Pats will no doubt rekindle the talk of Dynasty. Upon your first injury, however, the media hordes will be claiming "Patjew is made of china!"

In the Star-Tribune:

whats wrong with what he said? hes a professional athlete . he wants to play. anybody who reached the level he is at[nfl QB] always has confidence in themselves. he doest want the vikes to deal for cassel because he wants the job. big deal. its not like he trashed matt.

This didn't just come out of the blue. My prediction of Matt to the Vikes seems to looks better today.

the Jewish hall of fame awaits you:D

Mr. Goodell, NFLChina is on line 2.

This didn't just come out of the blue. My prediction of Matt to the Vikes seems to looks better today.

I sure hope so. I'm a bit worried about anyone being willing to pay Cassel more than the Patriots. We could get stuck with that tender.14 million+ is a lot of money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye