PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guregian: Tom Brady suffers setback; Infection leads to two more procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
patsgo -- how is it you've never heard of one of the top 5 guys in the entire world?
what rock are you living under?

Guys, having a hangnail removed is also considered a procedure.

Let there be peace, honestly.

Oh my god. What a bunch of crybabies. Stop whining about how this team of Drs performed. What do you all know about knee surgery anyway!? Give them a chance! So sorry if I'll take the opinion of an actual Dr over you guys.

You guys are a bunch of whining chicken littles. I sat through the days of injuries to Stingley and the days when an injury like this would have automatically ended a guy's career! This is nothing in comparison. Nothing. You guys don't know how good you have it. Why don't you go back to following Mike Lowell's injury and stop cluttering this board?

Mods, can we have a forum where these fair-weather injury followers can infect each other with their ignorance???

There IS a forum already...it's called the Practice Squad

Oh my god. What a bunch of crybabies. Stop whining about how this team of Drs performed. What do you all know about knee surgery anyway!? Give them a chance! So sorry if I'll take the opinion of an actual Dr over you guys.

You guys are a bunch of whining chicken littles. I sat through the days of injuries to Stingley and the days when an injury like this would have automatically ended a guy's career! This is nothing in comparison. Nothing. You guys don't know how good you have it. Why don't you go back to following Mike Lowell's injury and stop cluttering this board?

Mods, can we have a forum where these fair-weather injury followers can infect each other with their ignorance???

The facts here are that the infection may cause months - not weeks for the infection to dissipate therfore delaying Brady's recovery from Knee Surgery

If this is the case then Brady could possibly be out for a small to moderate portion of next season

I do not see a problem with the fans who are VERY concerned about not only a delay in getting Brady back on the field but Brady's health to his leg as a human being in general and not as a football athlete is a concern here more so.

Get a grip.....

Last edited:
The facts here are that the infection may cause months - not weeks for the infection to dissipate therfore delaying Brady's recovery from Knee Surgery

If this is the case then Brady could possibly be out for a small to moderate portion of next season

I do not see a problem with the fans who are VERY concerned about not only a delay in getting Brady back on the field but Brady's health to his leg as a human being in general and not as a football athlete is a concern here more so.

Get a grip.....

Exactly. Worst case scenario I'm preparing for is Brady starts the season on the PUP. To hear the hysteria you'd think they are amputating his leg.

Re: Boston herald is reporting Brady had to have a third surgery

It's definitely bad news. Hopefully, everything will be fine in the next 2 weeks. Perhaps, he needs to stay in CA for a few months before going back to MA.

He's got plenty of time to recover. Outside of the knee being infected with gangreen, I don't see any way that Brady misses a second of next season.

The Doctors in LA (stole this from Barstool)

Attachments

• Jery Lewis.jpg
    Jery Lewis.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 273
As we expected ESPN is trying to stir things up: ESPN - Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with situation - NFL

The Patriots, as an organization, are upset with the situation because they were clear that they wanted Brady's surgery done under the direction of doctors of their choosing in Boston, sources told ESPN.

....and of all people Florio has come to the Pats defense: ProFootballTalk.com - PATS NOT HAPPY WITH BRADY SITUATION?

So we’re skeptical that the Pats would be upset with anything Brady is doing or has one. Besides, how would anyone at ESPN be in a position to know whether anyone in the Patriots’ organization is unhappy about anything? Given the manner in which ESPN.com piled onto the debunked Spygate II story from earlier in the year (which surely has been resurrected internally this week given the manner in which ESPN gave Favre a pass), our guess is that folks in Foxborough who truly know what’s going on would be more likely to talk to Ron Borges about their feelings regarding Brady’s surgery than anyone from ESPN.

Let’s put this situation in context. When it came to the Brett Favre story, Chris Mortensen was unable to access his batphone to Brett for anything that merited discussion on the air. Now, within hours after the Herald reporting on the number of surgeries Brady has had, ESPN not only confirms that fact but also is able to divine the beliefs of an organization full of people who presumably hate ESPN as much or more than Tom Jackson once said the players hate Bill Belichick.

What's next? Lambs laying down with lions? :eek:

Florio honestly isn't that bad. He does get a bit sensational at times, but usually he's pretty fair.

IMHO, anyway.

Holley was saying Wendi Nix clarified her statements and said the Patriots were supportive of Brady even though he didn't use the doctors they suggested. Also that the Patriots medical team is getting involved and that they are working together. So it isn't like the Patriots are mad.

Somehow I think a lot of this is overblown...He's the MVP...and when there is a HINT of something off...it's news...I REALLY do not think it is as important as many...We all wish Tom well..and a LOT of this could be precautionary..to be SURE teh infection is taken care of...as opposed to waiting...even worst case..and another ACL repair..he STILL will be ready to start camp.

You know what's more annoying than people overreacting to bad news? People telling other people that it's nothing and they should stop worrying. Live up to your name a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes