PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guregian/Graham: Moss on his Back Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Moss not sure how his back held up Sunday - AFC East - ESPN

I guess he's not too riled up about Freeman/Florio and their crap-spew.
I also had to laugh at Graham's PFT reference:

Pro Football Talk overlord Mike Florio

Excerpt:
"It just slipped out on me," Moss said. "I don't know what happened to it. I got home Sunday, and I thought to myself 'How did you play?' because I couldn’t really walk on Monday."

Moss said he had no idea how the back injury occurred.

"Some things you know how they happen. Some things you don't," Moss said. "I’m telling you I don’t know how it happened."

Guregian asked Moss for his reaction to being called a lollygagger.

"I’m used to it," Moss replied. "Ain’t nothing new for me."

Last edited:
Yeah, that can happen to anyone no matter what age. I know how he feels. I played six or seven games of basketball in a row with my friends a few months back and the next day I couldn't move. Didn't hurt at the time, didn't hurt that night, but the next day I woke up and it felt like I broke my back. Took me a good week to get over it.

So yes, I know how he feels. Mad props to him for playing through that.

Yeah, that can happen to anyone no matter what age. I know how he feels. I played six or seven games of basketball in a row with my friends a few months back and the next day I couldn't move. Didn't hurt at the time, didn't hurt that night, but the next day I woke up and it felt like I broke my back. Took me a good week to get over it.

So yes, I know how he feels. Mad props to him for playing through that.

I tweaked my back moving an oriental rug for the wife. I'm 38 and in pretty good shape. Backs and necks are nutty.

Curran just chimed in. His note is skirting a line between not pissing off Florio/NBC whilst hinting that their articles were out of line.

Moss: "I couldn't really walk on Monday" | ProFootballTalk.com

Remember this is Curran writing.

EXCERPT:
On Wednesday, it was obvious his back was still bothering him. I observed him in the New England locker room reaching to pick a box out of his locker. The stiff movements indicated a man still in sizable discomfort.

He will play because he is Moss and because Welker is hurting too and because there is still no other reliable WR. Going heavier with TEs and RBs again is an option, but this is not the same defense as the Falcons.

Last edited:
It has to be a concern with the top two receivers banged up...hoping they do not have to activate Nunn for the game. Edelman is improving and that will be good news, and it's also at home, so the crowd will not be a factor. I really hope the expereince of the Jets game and blitzes will help this week.

If Moss can tough it out against the Ravens, I think it might be worth letting him rest a game or two, as this sounds like an injury that could nag throughout the season (I say this assuming rest would do him any good). I know that Belichick, of all coaches, would hate the thought of taking one opponent more lightly than another - but we do need him for this Ravens game, and we can do OK without him against any of Den/Ten/TB.

If Moss can tough it out against the Ravens, I think it might be worth letting him rest a game or two, as this sounds like an injury that could nag throughout the season (I say this assuming rest would do him any good). I know that Belichick, of all coaches, would hate the thought of taking one opponent more lightly than another - but we do need him for this Ravens game, and we can do OK without him against any of Den/Ten/TB.

If the guy can play without risking permanent injury (i.e., it's just a pain management issue), he should play each of those games, IMO. TB is historically awful, but both Denver and Ten are quality opponents. Denver will be especially tough with McDaniels knowledge of what makes the Pats offense tick (and struggle).

I saw him in warmups sunday reach down to pick up his helmet and it was all knees barely bent and thought uho than as we all know he went onto have a hell of a game. Hopefully he didn't make it worse by playing.

Florio and PFT suck and I don't read it for reasons like this. I don't how much stock to put into what he says about other teams because I can't use my first hand experience to dicefer it.

Jim Gray: Mike were you really sick this week?

Mike Tyson: I broke my back

Jim Gray: What do you mean?

Mike Tyson: My back is broken!

Jim Gray: What part? A vertebrae?

Mike Tyson: Spinal

While I tend to agree, I don't think there is anyway that Belichick lets up for the DEN game.

If the guy can play without risking permanent injury (i.e., it's just a pain management issue), he should play each of those games, IMO. TB is historically awful, but both Denver and Ten are quality opponents. Denver will be especially tough with McDaniels knowledge of what makes the Pats offense tick (and struggle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back