Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

July 29th, 2008
Practice observations: Back to pads
Posted by Karen Guregian at 8:24 pm

The Patriots were back in pads tonight after a walkthrough morning session. Here are a few elements that stood out.

RODNEY FRONT AND CENTER: The Pats didn’t exactly ease Rodney Harrison back into the action during his first practice back on the field, just off the PUP list. Instead, he was in his familiar safety spot with the first team, taking a good amount of reps. For the most part, he looked fine.

JACKSON PICKS IT UP: After some rough patches during a few of the previous sessions, wide receiver Chad Jackson put in a solid practice, making some nice catches.

COVERAGE FUTILE: Pats all-world receiver Randy Moss continues to make every defender, particularly rookies Terrence Wheatley and Jonathan Wilhite, look silly, even though they’re doing everything they can to stay with him. Wheatley did make one nice play, breaking up a Brady-to-Moss pass in the endzone, but that was pretty much it.

Pats1, I just wanted to say thank you very much for continuing to post the various notes. Much appreciated.

The coaching staff really likes those miniature CBs. We will get burnt by that sometime this season for sure. Disappointed in those draft picks. Sheppard still available? Isn't he at least 6' or 5' 11"? Why does our DB lineup look like a "cattle call" for a part in the "Wizzard of Oz"? Even our starting safety (???) Sanders is what, really 5' 8" and he ain't Bob. If I hear the words "great leaping ability" once more, I will go crazy. My dog has great leaping ability but I doubt she can break up a pass to Plexico.

Other than this and our "freak" tight end who can't catch for the last three years ("Why do we need Shockey??????" ,the big shots say on this forum, and he would have cost us a Wheatly and a Slater), I am positive about this year.
DW Toys

The coaching staff really likes those miniature CBs. We will get burnt by that sometime this season for sure. Disappointed in those draft picks. Sheppard still available? Isn't he at least 6' or 5' 11"? Why does our DB lineup look like a "cattle call" for a part in the "Wizzard of Oz"? Even our starting safety (???) Sanders is what, really 5' 8" and he ain't Bob. If I hear the words "great leaping ability" once more, I will go crazy. My dog has great leaping ability but I doubt she can break up a pass to Plexico.

Other than this and our "freak" tight end who can't catch for the last three years ("Why do we need Shockey??????" ,the big shots say on this forum, and he would have cost us a Wheatly and a Slater), I am positive about this year.
DW Toys

1.) Lito is listed at 5'10" on NFL.com, making him shorter than the 5'11" Bryant

2.) Watson caught 49 passes in 13 games the year before last.

Last edited:
The new non pushout rule should help us a lot on sideline passes. High pass that our CB can't get his hands on ? Play the body out of bounds. Won't help over the middle, of course, but it will help us a lot, I think, at the sidelines.

Is it really fair to judge these guys in practice?

I mean, it is Randy Moss they are trying to cover? If they are close, doesn't that translate into "shut down" coverage against 99% of the rest of the league?

Is it really fair to judge these guys in practice?

I mean, it is Randy Moss they are trying to cover? If they are close, doesn't that translate into "shut down" coverage against 99% of the rest of the league?
good call.

i like the idea of our small corners playing against randy moss in practice.

you don't get any better practice than that.

Covering Jericho Crotchery should be a breeze after that.

The new non pushout rule should help us a lot on sideline passes. High pass that our CB can't get his hands on ? Play the body out of bounds. Won't help over the middle, of course, but it will help us a lot, I think, at the sidelines.

good call music man. I never thought of that.

BB should be all over this and i love it that there's a rule that actually benefits the defense for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down